Amiko mini hd t2/c

Hi Guys.

Got my above box up and running but struggling to pick up a couple of channels....sly sport 2hd and sly comedy hd namely, i'm sure its down to a tuner issue as I obtained the freq/qam through a phantom hd (107.0/256) and carried out a manual scan eventually picked them up but signal/quality is non existent and spiking and they don't clear just show no signal. Now as they are clearing on the phantom I've ruled out a line problem and trying to find out now if its an amiko tuner or firmware problem (running 1.2.23 emu) anyone have any ideas or encountered this before??

Cheers

Dickiedogg

I found with these sometimes you have to repeat the scan x amount of times and the said channels will eventualy show.

Thanks Bobless, its been scanned loads of times mate I found that out too that the more you scan the more TP's it searches and more channels come in, makes it a pain deleting all the doublers though lol. I'm almost sure it's a tuner issue on certain frequencies and thinking it's just a bad box but was worth asking the question in case it was a software issue someone may have encountered before.

I dont think these have very good tuners to be honest.Do you have server installed?Do you notice a slight break up of the picture especially on HD channels movies/sports?I dont mean scrambling/freezing more like a signal issue.

I've got a server installed mate and most channels are pretty good and glitch free.
I suppose at the money they're not going to have the best tuners in the world. I guess if my beloved team happen to be on sly sports 2 next season it'll be the little tv in the bedroom with the phantom for me lol.

I am finding something similar where the channels are very choppy and not clearing properly, does anyone know the best settings for the Leeds area and they could pm me?
I have tried the ones from this forum but still having issues. ended up doing a blind scan which found 600+ channels. It is a good selection of channels SS1HD, SS2HD, BTS1HD, BTS2HD, Disney, Movie channels

just wondering if your signal level needs to be tweaked up,been reading around boxes can work good in some areas with good signal,or bad with low signal and bad splitters and old coaxial will lose strength of signal.

Been testing an amiko combo and i know the server is perfect.No freezing,glitching,scrambling but the pic especially on HD sports/movies theres a slight break up of the picture which you see with a weak signal although sig is 99/90%.I have changed everything to get to the bottom of the issue but a splitter has to be used to split the net/tv feed.But still the same issue.Dont get me wrong its not catastrophic but me being a perfectionist lol want to sort this.Theres only 2 things it can possibly be.The tuner in the box/vm signal.Kinda give up for now cant think what else i can do?

Hey Cacti,
yeah I had a bit more of a play with it today and hooked it up to the main feed and managed to get a steady quality level, albeit still quite low but no signal strength at all, weird thing is my other box is clearing that freq no problem at all so pretty much given up on it and putting it down to a weak tuner in the box! I knew there was a reason I gave this game up....sleepless nights are here again lol

---------- Post Merged at 10:41 PM ----------

Hi Bal.

If you've picked up that many channels you're pretty much setup well, plenty of repeat channels to delete I'm sure!! These boxes tend to find more channels the more you blind scan them but plenty of doublers....if you can get the frequency for your area and put it in frequency box in cable installation, you can usually base this on the on demand preview channel frequency, symbol rate for your area 6952 or 6887, qam usually 64 or 256, nit search on, lcn frequency use first 4 nos of your net id, once you have got that all in blind scan a few times you should be set.....if you still have glitching and freezing maybe a server issue mate.

Hi dickiedogg thanks for the info will give all that a go now, does it matter what firmware you have on these boxes mcas or emu?

I have also removed the splitter and just have a straight connection from the main feed,

has above all hd channels slight pixalating ive tried using splitter also tried direct feed also my TiVo has got a 4 and 6db forward path equilisers fitted tried diff combinations of these has well
pity someone aint got a diff box to try and see if its working or doing the same then it might point more to the tuner side and not server

Haven't had a chance to play about with the amiko box much, been a bit busy,
so have only had chance to set it up so I know it works.

I know my signal strength is high 90s,

The KV A850 had problems with high signal strength, causing pixelation on HD channels
so people where using an attenuator to reduce it to mid 80s.

Just a thought

$_35.JPG

how much are these attenuator boxes have you got a link is the red thing on the side adjustable or pre-set thanks

---------- Post Merged at 03:02 PM ----------

ok just found and bought one off of fleebay will report back , if it works or not

thanx bees

ok just got one of these boxes my line quality and signal strength are in the 90's anyway first impressions the lower the signal made it worse
some days are worse than others not really had a play ive checked all wires so it iant that will have another play this weekend

Hello I'm a newbie, I've recently just bought this box and I can't seem too find ccam, ino there is something to download but I don't know where to download it and which one to download if some one can help me Ide be very grateful here is my box details

Model ID: ALI_3612

S/W version: 0E060A00_1.1.16

H/W Version: YW-M3612-Rainbow05

Loader Version: M3612 1.0.2

Latest Update: Oct 10 2013

well its just the same I think im going to invest in a miraclebox twin combo box has ive still got a sub on tha sat side has well

I will put the amiko in the big boys toy room

Hi all.
Just a little help
I am trying to set up Amiko mini on cable.
I have found the codes to put in the box.
But am a bit confused, below are :

Location Co Net Id Freq Sym Rate

Manchester 1 NTL ex C&W 41040 666.750 6.887
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Manchester 2 NTL ex C&W 41060 666.750 6.952[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]But how to put them in the box i find a problem as there are 2 freq positions that can be altered.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Any help will be appreciated please.
Thanks
[/FONT]

have you flashed the box with the emu mcas files

you can get the latest ones from here

Code:
http://amiko.ucoz.com/index/amiko_mini_hd_t2c/0-9

Back