Andrea Pirlo appointed Juventus head coach

A huge risk for him imo, massive job to take on.
Yeah i agree mate, I'm quite shocked in all honesty that they have gone for him, granted yes he needs no introduction, his name speaks for itself but being a manager? Hmmm 1st job, big big risk.

is it much of a risk?

juve are dominant domestically. every first job is risky, this seems like one of the least risky ones.

they are in a position where having a figure head to run the team on matchdays is important, ish

is it much of a risk?

juve are dominant domestically. every first job is risky, this seems like one of the least risky ones.

they are in a position where having a figure head to run the team on matchdays is important, ish
Yeah you make a valid point, 9 times out of 10 their going to win the league, I think CL is a big thing for them a little bit like PSG, domestic wise they just p*ss all over everyone but the Champions league is still missing piece of their puzzle

It might be they are looking to real and some extent Barca where having a legendary player capable of inspiring players in the big cup games.

We are lucky in that we have two or three genuinely maverick managers in the prem, but elsewhere the norm is for managers to come and go and the real work being done by coaches and directors of football that plan long term

is it much of a risk?

They've just sacked a manager who won the league though.

Massive risk with hardly any experience.

Seems this is becoming the trend with going with very inexperienced former players as head coaches.

Not all great players can become great head coaches/managers.

how sarri got the gig there is beyond me :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: he was finished the day he let kepa stay on i was howling at that, also he's never won a trophy has he? B4 moving to juve?

They've just sacked a manager who won the league though.

And its hardly going to be career ending.

It's the norm at big euro clubs, especially institutionally dominant ones where rolling the dice has little risk.

Pirlo will know all this.

Bank a title and get sacked for getting knocked out in the quarters v Liverpool next year and he has a cracking start to his career.

And he freerolls getting to a final or winning the thing and becoming a legend in year one

i think the number of managers that take a job at a top european and start shopping for a house to grow old in is tiny

at least pirlo won't need an 8-month airbnb rental being a resident of italy.

probably 3-5 managers that can command long contracts and a real input on the long term planning of a top club, yes i'd bet that pirlo is self aware enough to know he's not one of them yet.

the interesting variable for me is whether pirlo is simply a placeholder for a pep / klopp / simone style appointment in 18-24 months time

What pep and zidane have accom;pished is something unique and special.

Wont mean it will apply to some former players turned coaches like pirlo.

Think its a big mistake but will have to wait and see.

Well if he turns out to be half as good of a manager, as he was as a player, then they will do all right, a bit suprised though, I thought they had sounded out Inzagi for the job.

Back