Android TV Box Wi-Fi Upload/Download Speeds & Logs

murof

I have an Android TV Box S905 Quad Core 64 Bit CPU/Octo Core GPU Kodi/XBMC KODI 16.0. I am going to install Kodi 16.1 tomorrow.

The TV box has an app that checks the upload and download speeds. This app shows that my download speed range is between 11.8 - 14mb/s. It shows that my upload speed range is between 18 - 20mb/s. The TV box has an external antenna. This seems very unusual to me because my MacBook Pro and my iPhone 6 Plus are in the same room as the TV box and the download speeds on both of them are usually between 140 - 159mb/s. I'm paying for 200mb/s download and something like 20mb/s upload.

1. Does anyone have any ideas as to why the Android TV box is showing such low download and upload speeds?

I have a number of apps that I use to watch movies and an app that I try and watch hockey on, but I am seldom able to watch any movies and I haven't been able to watch a hockey game yet. There are usually some kind of error or the few movies that start usually buffer right away. If I pause the movie to try and let it buffer, the buffering pauses also.
2. Is there something I can do about this?
3. Is the cause of the slow download/upload speeds (in the Android box) a software or a hardware problem?
Is there anything that can be done to increase the download/upload speeds on the TV box?
4. What are the minimum download and upload speeds I need to watch a movie, with a good connection, where my box shouldn't need to have to buffer?

I get too many error messages and they usually say to check the log. I have no idea where to find these logs.
5. Where can I find these logs?

Back