- Andy mc build - No International folder in favourites (ABM)

Atari2600

APOLOGIES FIRST OF ALL - THIS IS NOT A WOOSHBUILD RELATED POST-
The forum just wouldn't allow me to post without selecting a prefix so i had to choose one!

Hi All,

I need some help please.

I installed Andy mc build on my very old Zgemma Star H1 as i have been told its very basic and small so perfect for the old receivers, (which is true) moved from woosh build as this was just too slow to do anything on my box - i believe wooshbuild works perfectly on the new receivers that have a much faster cpu.

Any way - i got it all working with the help from "garyth" (Thank you)
But later on i realised the International folder in favourites is missing! So no Asian channels -
It doesn't bother me as i dont watch them, but My old man has thrown his dummy out the pram lol

I initially had a problem with ABM scanning for channel - just kept saying check tuner b if it is configured correctly! - with the help of garyth we managed to solve the issue which basically was the ABM was out of date, so we deleted ABM from my config and went into plugins and downloaded the latest version, i believe it was 3.1 and every thing started to work as it should.

Any thoughts on how to get the International folder showing in favourites please ?
If i go on into all channels then i can see a few Asian channels but they are scattered every where because of alphabetical order.

I just want it how it normally is, which is all Asian channels in the International folder.

Hope you guys can help.

Kind

APOLOGIES FIRST OF ALL - THIS IS NOT A WOOSHBUILD RELATED POST-
The forum just wouldn't allow me to post without selecting a prefix so i had to choose one!

Hi All,

I need some help please.

I installed Andy mc build on my very old Zgemma Star H1 as i have been told its very basic and small so perfect for the old receivers, (which is true) moved from woosh build as this was just too slow to do anything on my box - i believe wooshbuild works perfectly on the new receivers that have a much faster cpu.

Any way - i got it all working with the help from "garyth" (Thank you)
But later on i realised the International folder in favourites is missing! So no Asian channels -
It doesn't bother me as i dont watch them, but My old man has thrown his dummy out the pram lol

I initially had a problem with ABM scanning for channel - just kept saying check tuner b if it is configured correctly! - with the help of garyth we managed to solve the issue which basically was the ABM was out of date, so we deleted ABM from my config and went into plugins and downloaded the latest version, i believe it was 3.1 and every thing started to work as it should.

Any thoughts on how to get the International folder showing in favourites please ?
If i go on into all channels then i can see a few Asian channels but they are scattered every where because of alphabetical order.

I just want it how it normally is, which is all Asian channels in the International folder.

Hope you guys can help.

Kind
press EPG button
scroll across bouquets, entertainment, lifestyle, sports, kids, international
All the Asian and other foreign channels should be in there
If you don't have 'international' bouquet, you need to run ABM scan again

a couple of things to check:
check to see IF there is a provider files update & also have a look in the HIDE SECTION within ABM, then run 'start scan'

press EPG button
scroll across bouquets, entertainment, lifestyle, sports, kids, international
All the Asian and other foreign channels should be in there
If you don't have 'international' bouquet, you need to run ABM scan again

Hi pabloescaban

thanks for coming back to me

Yes i have tried pressing epg then scrolling through entertainment, lifestyle etc - but no International
Are you saying basically do another scan in ABM ?

If so i will try this,

thanks

Hi BeakyFord

thanks for coming back to me

Yes i have tried pressing epg then scrolling through entertainment, lifestyle etc - but no International
Are you saying basically do another scan in ABM ?

If so i will try this,

thanks
Yes do another scan. only takes one minute but first check that you haven't hid the bouquet by following @BeakyFord advice about checking the 'hide bouquets' menu
Also make sure you have the correct netid in autobouquetmaker>providers

a couple of things to check:
check to see IF there is a provider files update & also have a look in the HIDE SECTION within ABM, then run 'start scan'

Hi BeakyFord

Thanks for your reply.

Im a bit of a novice - where and how can i check if there is a provider file update? and what am i looking for in hide section in ABM ?

thanks

Yes do another scan. only takes one minute but first check that you haven't hid the bouquet by following @BeakyFord advice about checking the 'hide bouquets' menu
Also make sure you have the correct netid in autobouquetmaker>providers

Hi

Net id is defo correct - i changed it to 00012 (Leicester) as it was originally coming up as Glasgow!

as for hidden in ABM ive just asked the question to BeakyFord as to what am i looking for in this ? - so once he reply's - yes i will do what you guys have suggested ,

thanks

Menu -> setup -> service searching -> AutobouquetsMaker -> Hide sections, make sure international is not ticked

The h1 is fine to run wooshbuild i have it on mine,install open atv 6.2 then follow the wooshbuild guide,for an old box i run cable,euro sat and iptv with xc plugin light just fine.

The h1 is fine to run wooshbuild i have it on mine,install open atv 6.2 then follow the wooshbuild guide,for an old box i run cable,euro sat and iptv with xc plugin light just fine.

Hi i was using wooshbuild infinity i think - and yes i had open atv 6.2 and yes i did follow wooshbuild guide step by step,
if your using the same build as i was and on the star H1 id like to see a video clip showing you toggling through different sections - cus it was like 20 seconds for just the epg to show, press the favourite button and that takes 10 seconds for all the folders to show etc.
If you find that is working fine for you then, that isn't for me, way toooooo laggy, for my liking

Nothing wrong with Wooshbuild i think its brilliant - its just got too much info / stuff running in the background for an old box to handle.

Hi i was using wooshbuild infinity i think - and yes i had open atv 6.2 and yes i did follow wooshbuild guide step by step,
if your using the same build as i was and on the star H1 id like to see a video clip showing you toggling through different sections - cus it was like 20 seconds for just the epg to show, press the favourite button and that takes 10 seconds for all the folders to show etc.
If you find that is working fine for you then, that isn't for me, way toooooo laggy, for my liking

Nothing wrong with Wooshbuild i think its brilliant - its just got too much info / stuff running in the background for an old box to handle.
did you have a swap file setup and enabled? this is a must on older boxes.

I tried to upload a video but it says invalid file type,when you initialise the USB device during instalation it creates a swap file so it says in the instructions, i have timeshift disabled also in the settings

Here pal

Last edited:
did you have a swap file setup and enabled? this is a must on older boxes.

I cant remember to be honest ,

I just followed wooshbuild instructions from his post.

But it doesnt matter any way im using Andy mc build and this is a lot quicker. However when i do eventually buy a new reciever i will be potentilly looking to install wooshbuild.

For now Andy mc build is perfect - quick - simple - an does the job perfectly.
(thnk you Andy mc for your build)

I tried to upload a video but it says invalid file type,when you initialise the USB device during instalation it creates a swap file so it says in the instructions, i have timeshift disabled also in the settings

Here pal

If that is the wooshbuild infinity on the Zgemma star H1 then all i got to say is WOW !!
that is so much quicker than mine.

I was using the sly Q skin - not sure if that made any difference ?

i have a usb plugged in the back where i believe the epg is stored etc so again not sure if this also slows it down ?

but never mind ive installed Andy mc build and happy with it.

*UPDATE*

I managed to get the International folder showing - no idea how but the International folder was ticked in ABM hidden section!
un ticked it, did another scan and hey presto !! its there.

So thank you guys for your suggestions and help.

Just a question - in ABM provider sections - i have options for the following HD FTA , HD Channel, SD FTA with the option to either select "yes or no"
if i say no to HD FTA and SD FTA, then do a ABM scan these option no longer show in favourite folder and also from the epg selection.

Am i correct in thinking - This does not remove the channels ? all it is doing is hiding these sub folders from the favourite section and the epg selection area ?

For me personally its pointless me having these sub folders / or a selection from epg as these are options i will never go into, but at the same time i do want the channels to show in the respective sections i.e) entertainment, lifestyle etc

I do have channel swap set to yes - which replaces sd with HD if hey are available ?

thanks

this area creates the categories, its asking If you want an HD bouquet or SD, most select HD & set swap file to YES (this should pull in the HD version of a channel if one is available). it doesn't remove anything, this section simply selects which groups/categories that are shown via the remote, make the changes you wish then perform a scan to implement those changes

Last edited:
this area creates the categories, its asking If you want an HD bouquet or SD, most select HD & set swap file to YES (this should pull in the HD version of a channel if one is available).

Thought so

so that is what i have done - did not want so many drop down / sub folders

Back