Another rogue supplier

2 weeks ago our supplier closed announced that their server had been located, closed down their telegram page and disappeared. The usual apps couldn't log on, however they did release their own app build several months ago, which as if by magic logs on and the full channel list is available. Am i being cynical in thinking they will have simply cancelled existing subs and will reappear under a different guise?

If they've had an order from the authorities to cease and desist then I don't blame them for shutting up shop - I'm sure nobody thinks their cheap pirated TV should cost anyone their liberty and that people should lose jobs, houses etc as a result of providing it for us.

That's part of the reason I have a limit on what I'll pay for a sub - then even if they do go awol part way through, I'll hopefully have had my money's worth before they disappear. Thankfully I've not been stung but the reality is it could happen to any provider at any time.

Whether they spring up selling a new service - that's their perogative isn't it.

If they've had an order from the authorities to cease and desist then I don't blame them for shutting up shop - I'm sure nobody thinks their cheap pirated TV should cost anyone their liberty and that people should lose jobs, houses etc as a result of providing it for us.

That's part of the reason I have a limit on what I'll pay for a sub - then even if they do go awol part way through, I'll hopefully have had my money's worth before they disappear. Thankfully I've not been stung but the reality is it could happen to any provider at any time.

Whether they spring up selling a new service - that's their perogative isn't it.

I found myself in a position a very short while ago almost identical as the OP. I went off and requested a test line and thankfully had paid attention to the numerous sticky threads presumably by mods on here giving people some basics to look for (and more importantly avoid) when looking for a new provider.

I'm very much with your philosophy. I only pay what I'm happy to lose. Surely anyone taking out and IPTV sub knows the risks. It is unfortunate when you get left high and dry but that's life. I lost 5 months of my sub recently but I'd been with them for several years and had more than my money's worth, that's why i took a 6 month sub. I don't feel like I lost out, I was just thankful for the service I'd had for so long.

Exactly the same thing with the old CC - enjoy it while it lasts!

I found myself in a position a very short while ago almost identical as the OP. I went off and requested a test line and thankfully had paid attention to the numerous sticky threads presumably by mods on here giving people some basics to look for (and more importantly avoid) when looking for a new provider.

I'm very much with your philosophy. I only pay what I'm happy to lose. Surely anyone taking out and IPTV sub knows the risks. It is unfortunate when you get left high and dry but that's life. I lost 5 months of my sub recently but I'd been with them for several years and had more than my money's worth, that's why i took a 6 month sub. I don't feel like I lost out, I was just thankful for the service I'd had for so long.

Exactly the same thing with the old CC - enjoy it while it lasts!

This is so true . A supplier is only as good as their last subscription these days in the iptv business. Over the last nine months there has been an increased rate in servers being shutdown due to piracy laws and as the demand for cheap tv grows so does the risk of jail time for providers ignoring the risks and brazenly flouting these warnings .
If you know the rules and are willing to enter the risky iptv world then you know the score when it comes to spending money on a server that could go offline at any minute. In the case of piracy , server seizures etc These are matters out with the control of the provider.
If you have a feeling something isn't right go with your gut instinct . It's your cash and there are plenty more decent providers out there who will sit all night long on the phone sorting out problems etc to get you up and running (I didn't have a clue when I first came here)
The stickies speak for themselves a new member with a couple of posts sending pms is always going to set alarm bells ringing as opposed to a senior member who can be half vouched for at least .
There is so much uncertainty between who is a good provider and who's going to rip people off it can be daunting for newcomers especially . Im also of the same view as @pupuqiop , we cannot fault a provider for going off the grid when we dont know(or until we know) what's happened in those set of circumstances . The provider could be top notch with top notch support etc but people will always be quick to judge .
A half decent sub is pennies these days and it usually pays for itself after a month or two anyway .

Last edited:
The stickies speak for themselves a new member with a couple of posts sending pms is always going to set alarm bells ringing as opposed to a senior member who can be half vouched for at least .
There is so much uncertainty between who is a good provider and who's going to rip people off it can be daunting for newcomers especially .

This is spot on. I actually requested a test and then afterwards read the threads I should have in the first place with warnings in place. The first line I already had in test at that point was shocking. And you guessed it, a fairly new member with only a few posts.

Fully agree and wish moderator admin can add a thread to name and shame those who fail to honour their commitment.
Can't do it, at the end of the day techkings isn't responsible for you choosing an iptv Provider. What they do help with is what to look out for so hopefully you don't get stung. Through the years of being here you learn to pick up red flags, my main one is a provider who likes to advertise everywhere. I know there are exceptions to every rule but personally any provider who does this I tend to avoid

Through the years of being here you learn to pick up red flags, my main one is a provider who likes to advertise everywhere.

But the problem with that is that many are reselling the same service, supposedly "under the radar, " that others who openly advertise on social media are selling. Often at an inflated price, justified by the fact their service is supposedly more hush hush.

Can't do it, at the end of the day techkings isn't responsible for you choosing an iptv Provider. What they do help with is what to look out for so hopefully you don't get stung. Through the years of being here you learn to pick up red flags, my main one is a provider who likes to advertise everywhere. I know there are exceptions to every rule but personally any provider who does this I tend to avoid
Absaloutly agree mate techkings has no say in providers on here who join just to sell their goods or people trying to get post count up to make them look like a genuine member
But the problem with that is that many are reselling the same service, supposedly "under the radar, " that others who openly advertise on social media are selling. Often at an inflated price, justified by the fact their service is supposedly more hush hush.
That is true and 90% of people who resell the supposed services underground would have become a seller via Facebook ect or website which makes them the cookie in the cookie jar lol.
The provider I'm with has no social media no websites or anything like that.
But you could flip the coin and have a service that is not known on any platform but then the reseller/s plaster all over Facebook twitter ect which throws a spanner into works

One of the problems is you can become a TK veteran by just saying hello to new members.
So if they are advertising providing IPTV they appear to know what they are talking about (they may but they may not) and being classed as a vet will sway people.

That dosnt go onto post count anymore saying hi in new member posts
Agreed we done away with post counts rewards years back on MDL, you end up with members spamming forum usless posts to get post count up to try and get higher status on forum. And totally no good for other new members who think they are getting correct advice from what they think is established member. older members need to sort out the mess when they had screwed their OS up with having been given wrong info :disappointed:

Anyone who's been here any length of time can achieve TK Veteran status with sporadic posting, I guess if you think about it "veteran" is only an indicator of the time they've been a member and shouldn't be taken as any assurance that they're knowledgeable.

yeah
Anyone who's been here any length of time can achieve TK Veteran status with sporadic posting, I guess if you think about it "veteran" is only an indicator of the time they've been a member and shouldn't be taken as any assurance that they're knowledgeable.

yeah i agree..ive been a member for over 8 years..im on nearly every day but dont post.
but over the years you start to build up a pattern of who is reliable and who is not..
i would like to add that in my experience 90% of the people who post on this forum would rather help people
than rip them off...its a great forum and im sure im not alone on saying a big thank you to the guys who run the forum

Back