Any Benefit to adding an SD card?

gaz84

As title really, I have just moved from a 2s to a H2s. Is there any benefit in me adding an SD card running alongside my 500gb HDD? It all runs fine as it is so I imagine its not worth it?

Would setting the SD card to be used for EPG leaving the HDD for just the recordings be of any benefit?

Cheers

I used the sd for epg and picons and that's all. Just saves starting the drive up and means if the drive is port powered it's not on all the time

Ok thanks. My HDD is not powered. Would you recommend me getting an SD card to do the same? Something like a 4gb?

As powered hdds are very hard to find these days its becoming a necessity.
Also if u want to be able to use live rewind ie timeshift the drives gonna be spinning anyway so to me 2 drives is a waste of time

Thanks for the replies. I'll have a think. I might get one just to try but as you say it might be pointless

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

For all the cost why not. 500gb isn't massive space it will fill up fast so all the space counts

I'm thinking the same kiddac I got h2s now 128gb pen in the back and thinking is the any need for the sd card I don't record much cause I use torrents for seasons and films

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back