Any Google Gurus here??

Tearing my hair out - Trying to send a shared folder to friends and family. Here are the Google Instructions

On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
Click the folder you want to share.
Click Share Add approver .
Under "People," type the email address or Google Group you want to share with.
To choose how a person can use the folder, click the Down arrow Down arrow.
Click Send. An email is sent to people you shared with.

MY PROBLEM IS CANNOT FIND A SEND BUTTON

Tearing my hair out - Trying to send a shared folder to friends and family. Here are the Google Instructions

On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
Click the folder you want to share.
Click Share Add approver .
Under "People," type the email address or Google Group you want to share with.
To choose how a person can use the folder, click the Down arrow Down arrow.
Click Send. An email is sent to people you shared with.

MY PROBLEM IS CANNOT FIND A SEND BUTTON
i cannot recreate that problem, sorry. the send button appears for me as soon as i press tab or return after entering the first email address.

you can also create a link to share the folder and send them the link

right click the folder > get link > click on the arrow next to "restricted"> change to "anyone with the link"> if you want them to be able to edit then click viewer and change the permission

you can then copy the link and send it to people

i cannot recreate that problem, sorry. the send button appears for me as soon as i press tab or return after entering the first email address.

you can also create a link to share the folder and send them the link

right click the folder > get link > click on the arrow next to "restricted"> change to "anyone with the link"> if you want them to be able to edit then click viewer and change the permission

you can then copy the link and send it to people
First thank you for your reply, I did actually get it sorted (or more accurately, I found a work around) and forgot to post a notice to that effect.
What I was doing was sending an updated version of a family history that I had previously created. The update contained additional photos and documents not in the first version. Anyway the way I got around it was to make a copy of the updated version 1, store it on my desktop, delete the copy on Drive, rename the desktop version as version 2, put it back in Drive, then, when I went to share it, the Send button magically reappeared. Had to recreate the distribution list again but so be it.
In my opinion you should be able to update an existing shared folder, and send it to the distribution list, but I simply could not make Drive do it. I'll know now when it comes time to do do ver 3. Many thanks for your thoughts

You only needed to make a copy of the updated folder on your PC.
Name it updated folder
Let Google drive see it.

The reason it wouldn't allow "send" the first time is because it was already shared
Thanks. I think in a roundabout way thats what I did (my explanation is probably too convoluted ) but I just couldn't see that at the time. Where were you whe I needed you last Thurs Pablo :coldsweat:

Thanks. I think in a roundabout way thats what I did (my explanation is probably too convoluted ) but I just couldn't see that at the time. Where were you whe I needed you last Thurs Pablo :coldsweat:
Not sure, probably working :cautious:
But I wouldn't have been able to help, I've never used Google drive, it only become apparent after you said you'd renamed it.
Fishing for carp:ROFLMAO::love::love:
Not been yet this year.
Might try a day later in the week if it warms up a bit

Back