Any installer in Northamptonshire aera?

Good that your sorted Most popular satellites
Like 13 19 28 can be easily recieved with good
S.n.r with 80 cm dish Recently set up 80cm dish on thor 0.8west S.n.r values where around 57% If you decide to set up for thor
I would recommend 90cm for perfect s.n.r
Good luck patiences pays off

I live in Northants and have a motorised 1m dish, i get 90% plus signal on 0.8west which was easy enough to setup after plenty of reading on this and other forums, mind you it is at ground level on a scaffold pole, i also get sats from 30 west to 45 east, so i think it's a good area for motorised dishes.

I live in Northants and have a motorised 1m dish, i get 90% plus signal on 0.8west which was easy enough to setup after plenty of reading on this and other forums, mind you it is at ground level on a scaffold pole, i also get sats from 30 west to 45 east, so i think it's a good area for motorised dishes.
Sounds like a nice set up you have, and its handy that its at ground level, easier to tinker with , when you need to.

The trouble is once i got it spot on i didn't have anything to fiddle with, so i stuck an 80cm dish on the same pole for sly channels, i used to take a small tv and all the cables it needed to set things up, that was until i bought a metre with a tv screen on it, should have bought it years ago.

Cant go wrong with good satellite meter
When doing installations use horizion hdms
U.s.b Easy enough to update on the horizon
Web site My shed is like a satellite shop
L.n.bs cable connectors satellite dishes
The list goes on

This is my next set up only using the g3 bracket These are very easy to install
Great multi l.n.b set up

Attachments

• cahors_bisat_g2_1__19859_std.jpg
    cahors_bisat_g2_1__19859_std.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 12
I actually did it and it's now as good as it can be. The 1m dish did not seem compatible with a mono block so put the 80 back up and aligned it to hotbird with full signal on some channels. 19 just was there by default again with full signal on some channels. The previous poster was correct satellite installation is a patience game

Good to hear, maybe you just need to tweak the dish slightly to bring in all the Hotbird channels, you want to be scanning 1990 approx on Hotbird, do you have a signal meter? If you are wanting 28 east too you would be best of pointing at Astra 1 as it’s in between the two other satellites, have you considered trying to get Astra 3 23.5 east?

I’m also in Northants with a 1.1m motorised system on a steel girder in the garden, and I get from 30 west to 46 east, though I struggle with 16 east, the area is closer to some satellites footprints than say NW Scotland, to receive any satellite you just need a clear line of sight and a large enough dish.

Back