Marathon is a massive thing
I don’t think I could my head around that
Running none stop for hours and hours

I would need some tunes lol

Marathon is a massive thing
I don’t think I could my head around that
Running none stop for hours and hours

I would need some tunes lol
Can hook you up with some running tracks and a bike stashed half way round for you lol

Spotify is great for it
Just need to remove the cross fade
It does my bap in, just a is really

And their shuffle isn’t good, always the same order when you shuffle

Spotify is great for it
Just need to remove the cross fade
It does my bap in, just a is really

And their shuffle isn’t good, always the same order when you shuffle
Get an mp3 player put all your favourite tracks on mate what you listen too when running might be better lol

Any ideas for motivation looking to running and get fit. But time and doing it is holding me back and one help?

its something you need to do yourself really
make time for it, get up a wee bit early and head out
doesnt need to be much

i would stick to very short runs 20mins or so just to get yourself moving
mixing it in with walking

im getting ready to go for one now.

9 miles done
it was tough this morning

with rain and my inhaler running on low
hard to get a air

i got myself some snore strips to help get more air in to my system
they worked great, shame the rain loosened the glue on the back, so it came off half way around the loop

67 meter climb never gets any easier

That is my last run for the next two weeks
The next two weeks are races on the sundays
Armagh and one in Belfast both 10ks

Last edited by a moderator:
Any ideas for motivation looking to running and get fit. But time and doing it is holding me back and one help?
Its all about motivating yourself, as silver said start slow and build up gradually, if you run 20 minutes and step up a bit at a time, even a few minutes each time, but beware there will be times when your body wont want to keep progressing and the odd time you will only be able to do so much and you will feel like you are back to where you started, dont see this as a negative if it happens, its natural, try and start in the early evenings if you can, the cooler air helps so try and find the time and good luck with it.

9 miles done
it was tough this morning

with rain and my inhaler running on low
hard to get a air

i got myself some snore strips to help get more air in to my system
they worked great, shame the rain loosened the glue on the back, so it came off half way around the loop

67 meter climb never gets any easier

That is my last run for the next two weeks
The next two weeks are races on the sundays
Armagh and one in Belfast both 10ks
Whereabouts where you this morning siilver, 9 miles your doing well, 2 10ks in a week, even better, let me know how it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whereabouts where you this morning siilver, 9 miles your doing well, 2 10ks in a week, even better, let me know how it goes.

C992B2D7-734B-431C-8C58-F96866E29F33.jpeg

This was this mornings route. Left the house at half6
I normally cut up the road at the 10k mark. But keep on going to add under an extra mile

I stopped 6 times and walked, don’t feel to bad about it. Would rather breath than run lol
I know there is times when you can’t go as fast as you want
But chin up and start again

Thats it, you have the right attitude, closest to there that i ever ran was the towpath, regularly, worked around milltown for a long time though, i know the area well, you will be doing the Laganside run on the 2nd then, 2 of my lot are doing it too, myself and the mrs and our grandson are heading to Dublin that morning, going to the all ireland football final, used to go every year but i havent been in 6 years now.

Yea it’s in the 2nd that one
That’s me done for the year in races anyway

Back to more gym type stuff

Running is just plain bad for you.

You end up with a terrible body, weak heart, it ages you and makes you miserable.

It also increase your chances of cancer.

Literally a miserable way of doing your health in.

Running is just plain bad for you.

You end up with a terrible body, weak heart, it ages you and makes you miserable.

It also increase your chances of cancer.

Literally a miserable way of doing your health in.
The smoking and drinking and the lazing about the house will do that to you a lot quicker, having seen many track athletes dying young from heart attacks in my lifetime, having said that i done a lot of running from i was about 12 until i was well into my 40s, i have had 2 heart attacks, 1st one at 50, a small one, then a slightly worse one at 52, but thats because a problem with my Aorta narrowing, started back to our wee 5 a side group several months ago, and i am doing all right, supposed to avoid confrontation during it, but thats easier said than done as its quite competitive, but when your times up its up, thats why when you wake up in the morning every day is a good day. 54 now and i hope i have a good ten years in me yet.

I just want to say at some stage I ran a marathon and lose a bit of wait
Don’t want to be a super star athlete

But I want to say I tired at least

I have noticed from my Fitbit stats my max heart rate has went up. So I’m just about where it’s meant to me

200 take away your age

So I’m just above that

The other half her heart rate is off someone half the age of her.
Well that’s a slim lady and always been fit and healthy

You can be healthy with out super fit causing other problems

Official times are in

59:45
Placed 37th there was only 83 doing the 10k mind
Happy with that

The other half came in 12th 50.46
4th quickest female

We both had very sore legs before hand
Kettle bell class on Thursday near killed us

Official times are in

59:45
Placed 37th there was only 83 doing the 10k mind
Happy with that

The other half came in 12th 50.46
4th quickest female

We both had very sore legs before hand
Kettle bell class on Thursday near killed us
Well done to the both of yous, your getting the hang of this running game siilver.

Back