Any simple intro to TVIP 605?

brahms9

Hi,
Totally new to IPTV and just got myself an IPTV605. I've set the box up but can;t find decent info anywhere on what all the settings actually do, what choices I need to make re linux v. android, any apps I need to load, various best settings etc. Does anyone know of better documentation than the skimpy leaflet that comes with the box?

I haven't a clue what to do next. Ideally an open service to test on would be ideal. Does any such thing exist? I'm in Ireland, so BBC iplayer wouldn't work, but i'm wondering if there's any other 'official' service that's ok to test with.

I haven't even begun to search for a sub service yet, and see no point in getting tests until i understand what's involved.

Thanks for your help!

Bit of an unusual choice of device so unfortunately as @gravehead says you're going to have to dig around on Google and piece together your own knowledge of it. Maybe you can write up a guide on it when you've sussed it so anyone looking in future can benefit.

The tvip 605 is the best alternative against at boxes as it acts exactly like a mag box but is much more efficient.
You have 2 options to set it
If you select Linux and select the web portal as "GSTB" then you have exactly like a mag box and better security as the Mac address cannot be easily scanned since all tvip boxes start with10:27: BE as compared to mag boxes and few other which stsrt with 00:1A:79.
If you select android then the box will act as An Android device but will not act as a mag box.

Hope this helps

Yes I do use one for testing. But recording did not work
For recording I recommend buzztv xrs series or formuler Z8 pro.
Reason i asked i was helping brahms9 with his the other night and he was having issues with the android side of it. Not touch one with a barge pole myself as little or no support for them.

Reason i asked i was helping brahms9 with his the other night and he was having issues with the android side of it. Not touch one with a barge pole myself as little or no support for them.

Thats because they are not really android boxes. All the revwies i have read are it is best compared to a mag 254 and 256. Android apps that will work are limited.

Back