Anybody else having ITVHD stuttering/hanging problems?

gav28uk

Hi guys,

I need some help trying to identify what could be causing constant problems on ONLY ITVHD on my Zgemma H2H! I running four different N Lines within MGCAMD and I get hanging/stuttering on only ITVHD channels, other channels are fine. If I run Oscam, I can see that it constantly receives "not found" responses throughout the logs when it tries to decode the ecm, for example:-

• 2019/06/08 12:52:58 1A39C8E0 c (ecm) dvbapiau (1841@000000/0000/28A4/89:1B445A4092282ADCC3D9293DB732E439): not found (4 ms) by Provider1 (F/2/2/2)
I have spoken to each line provider, they all state that they are not aware of any problems on ITVHD, which is fair enough, but would I really have ITVHD issues across 4 different providers. I have updated ABM provider files, rescanned and rebooted but to no avail. I have run all provider lines at once within Oscam, I have run them separately within Oscam and MGAMD, nothing makes any difference, it shows the ITVHD program for a minute or so, then hangs for a few seconds, then works again. This has been going on for a couple of weeks now.

I have just re-flashed to a vanilla OpenATV 6.3 build, installed MGCAMD, OSCAM and also ABM and confirmed that I still see hanging on ITVHD with this setup. So I guess if nothing else it confirms it is not a build issue!

I'm in NETID 40976 Basildon 2, but actually located in Maidstone, Kent. Just curious if anybody else is seeing the same behaviour, or even better, any suggestions where I can look at to help sort it.

A friend in the same area (40976) as me is seeing the same problem with ITVHD, he is using a different provider from me. So to me, it sounds/feels like VM are doing something that is causing these issues?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Probably at a frequency you are not receiving properly. Sometimes too much signal, sometimes too little.

Just like to point out thta just becuase your ITV HD is on one frequncy, it does not mean it will be on the same in another area.

Probably at a frequency you are not receiving properly. Sometimes too much signal, sometimes too little.

Just like to point out thta just becuase your ITV HD is on one frequncy, it does not mean it will be on the same in another area.

Thanks for the suggestion.

So would a slight frequency issue cause problems like what I am experiencing? It’s as if the ecm value is wrong/corrupted for the card share server and then it doesn’t decrypt. Any suggestions on how I might investigate this further to confirm if it is a frequency issue?

If it is too much power, you will need an attenuator. If it is too little, you will need a powered splitter. What frequency is it?

Pabloescaban normally asks people to post a screenshot from teh modem page showing signal levels.

I have checked my power levels for a VM reference page that details correct levels. Here attached they are for completeness.

How can I find the frequency for ITVHD? Is it the same value as on Signal finder? If soils this is “115MHz 3/4 6952 256-QAM” ?

Attachments

• 19E2267C-1351-44A9-9A67-BE33817A3082.png
    19E2267C-1351-44A9-9A67-BE33817A3082.png
    635.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 099C2380-6375-4DDB-A493-AA4E9D7309FC.png
    099C2380-6375-4DDB-A493-AA4E9D7309FC.png
    584 KB · Views: 26
I have similar problems with some HD channels but not ITVHD (I'm in an STVHD region which tends to work fine) and there seems to be two main theories as to what causes it.

The first is signal levels which Abu Baniaz has already mentioned and the second is the use of a cache server that doesn't have local cards.

I see similar Oscam log entries as you do for the channels that do not work properly for me and those are similar to entries for the plus 1 and less popular channels which are notorious for not clearing properly when using a chache server.

My theory, and it's a complete guess and probably way over simplified as I'm a total novice, is that different regions generate different ecms and if it is not found in the cache that leads to channels not clearing. Why local cards actually make a difference in this scenario, I'm not sure.

I have the same behaviour with my old KV850 and current ZGemma H9C which run MGCAMD and OSCAM respectively and I have also checked my power levels with my provider who confirmed they are fine.

It's not a major problem for me as I have IPTV and freeview as a backup but it would be interesting to get to the bottom of this for curiosities sake!

I have checked my power levels for a VM reference page that details correct levels. Here attached they are for completeness.

How can I find the frequency for ITVHD? Is it the same value as on Signal finder? If soils this is “115MHz 3/4 6952 256-QAM” ?
itvhd
451.0mhz
qam256 on mine
not seen it freeze or stutter

Easiest thing to try is what abu has mentioned a attenuator and they are really cheap to buy etc.
Start with a 3db and screw it into the incoming line before your splitter and reboot the modem and then view the channel etc.
Power levels ideally between -6 - +10 so try and aim for as close to the middle of these figures as possible.

I have a similar problem with the 7 lines that i have. ITVHD is not clearing straightaway. Comes on after about 15 seconds then goes down immediately. Working fine on VM V6 box. Have similar problems with a few other channels freezing like Eden, Food Network. But not as bad as ITVHD. I always tell my friends and family to have both boxes connected or Freeview to fall back on.

thats down to cache servers if it’s doing it on few channels more than likely I’ve had same issue it’s just finding the right person who uses local cards

It's geographic as Abu stated yesterday, ITVHD in one area is on one frequency and those living there can get it without trouble.
In a different area it's on a different frequency and even though the people using the same server with the same box/software cannot receive it

I’ve had it on bbc2 and other channels slot of +1 and music channels which I’m not even bothered about but found a good provider and no problems at all now on any!

It's geographic as Abu stated yesterday, ITVHD in one area is on one frequency and those living there can get it without trouble.
In a different area it's on a different frequency and even though the people using the same server with the same box/software cannot receive it
So what you are saying m8 and I might be wrong though, is if your supplier's server is in Scotland, they will pick up ITV HD Scotland or STV HD it might be called perfectly, but us in Northamptonshire or like will struggle? currently, my ITV HD not clearing at all. Ignore my ignorance if i am way of the mark.

STV HD is a different kettle of fish
If your itvhd isn't playing, try a different one
go to itvhd
press down arrow
press red
there will be several instances of this channel, try them all

I’ve had it on bbc2 and other channels slot of +1 and music channels which I’m not even bothered about but found a good provider and no problems at all now on any!
Finding that provider where every channel works perfectly, is very hard to do, I have a decent service now, but I can still get problems on ITV channels ch4hds, racing channels even bbc1 ni can play up, all sports and movies are great, the cable channels that play up, I have swapped with the sat versions, it has been this way for a few years ,with a few different providers and even test lines, so not a provider issue as such, just one of those things I suppose.

Yeah I’ve had the issue on bbc2 and few others I have the time delay on changing channels but I can deal with that it’s the missus that moans in patient! But like the above posts say above it’s different areas will affect different channels but luckily not me

At the end of the day, for the price we all pay for lines compared to a genuine sky or vm sub, then in all honesty as long as the main channels like sports, movies sky1, living, etc play well , then we cant really complain, can we.

STV HD is a different kettle of fish
If your itvhd isn't playing, try a different one
go to itvhd
press down arrow
press red
there will be several instances of this channel, try them all
I did that earlier m8 no joy, though itv hd + 1 etc all working ok

Back