Anybody installed the NHS England Track & Trace App?

bonus2010

VIP Member
Just been listening to Patrick Christy speaking about the NHS England Track & Trace App. Not something I have the option to use as I live in Scotland
(and I don't even know if a Scottish version exits). His view is that in England, they're really not getting their freedom back on July 19th because what will
happen, and he explains it better, people who are pinged by this App, i.e. having come into contact with a positive covid person, will still have to
self isolate, regardless if they've been double vaccinated....

The NHS App is something that when I first heard about it, I would never consider installing on my phone in a million years, even if people where
dropping dead around about me. I just don't agree with that type of government surveillance, being a freedom loving person. During the first lockdown,
I was switching off my android phone when I went out such is my dislike of the thought of being monitored (google traces your movements also)

Patrick Christy reckons that people will uninstall the NHS track & trace App due to the threat of having to self isolate..

So I was just wondering if members here have the NHS app or have thoughts on this matter.

I believe Patrick Christy has or has done shows on TalkSport but I'll share the YouTube channel report which he shares with Andre Walker, where he
speaks about this subject.

I have the app, had to isolate for 6 days recently having supposedly been in contact with someone who later tested positive for coronavirus. On the day in question I'd woken up in a hotel room with the Missus, she contactless checked out of the hotel and we drove home to an empty house - no way either of us were within 2m of someone for 15 minutes unless they were in the next hotel room.

She works from home and I'm paid to isolate so no financial detriment but others would have been two wages down for a non-event.

I was under the impression that double jabbed people wouldn't have to isolate from mid August though?

I have the App :: was pinged last year ; the only place I had been on the day in question was Morrrisons and in a supermarket you are never near one person for 15 minutes ! : I did think the bluetooth connection might have come from next door tho' (I can pick up their Telly on my phone bluetooth!!).
Anyway, if I get pinged again, I will probably ignore it (I'm double jabbed..)

I have the App :: was pinged last year ; the only place I had been on the day in question was Morrrisons and in a supermarket you are never near one person for 15 minutes ! : I did think the bluetooth connection might have come from next door tho' (I can pick up their Telly on my phone bluetooth!!).
Anyway, if I get pinged again, I will probably ignore it (I'm double jabbed..)

I don't know how those things work, not something I'd ever install on my phone, but if you were pinged again and ignored it, wouldn't the government be getting in contact with you
and asking why you haven't self-isolated or followed their instructions?

It's just that there's plenty of evidence of where people have been doubled pricked and have been infected by covid, and there's no claim from the vaccine manufacturers that having
been doubled pricked you can't pass on the infection..

I don't know how those things work, not something I'd ever install on my phone, but if you were pinged again and ignored it, wouldn't the government be getting in contact with you
and asking why you haven't self-isolated or followed their instructions?

It's just that there's plenty of evidence of where people have been doubled pricked and have been infected by covid, and there's no claim from the vaccine manufacturers that having
been doubled pricked you can't pass on the infection..
No - the NHS covid app collects anonymous information : it knows that my phone has been near an infected person (with the app on their phone) ; It does not know my name/address and passes no information to Track and Trace - you are trusted to self-isolate

From the bbc website

"..If you are using the app and spend enough time close to another person with it, you will received a "ping" alert if they test positive for Covid. At present, you would need to be 2m from them for 15 minutes.
If you are "pinged" you're advised - but not legally obliged - to self-isolate for 10 days..."

===========

"It's just that there's plenty of evidence of where people have been doubled pricked and have been infected by covid, and there's no claim from the vaccine manufacturers that having
been doubled pricked you can't pass on the infection.."

Indeed -Sajid Javid has been double-jabbed and has tested positive so is having to self-isolate...

That's one of the problems with the double-jabbing - you can still get Covid, feel fine and be passing it on..

Last edited:
Back