Anybody using Sky broadband for CCcam

markmr3

Hi all, Im using Sky broardband 8.4mb/s with a D Link router for my CCCam ppv and the package keeps freezing. My mate has the same package and using Aol 3.9mb/s and he has no problems. It was fine all last year but now it really bad. I have changed everything from the lnb to the ethernet cable and my ppv provider is pulling his hair out as to whats wrong. Also I cant use Gbox or Mgcamd, apparently the signal is not getting back to the provider. Im not sure of all th details but is anybody using SKY broardband for the same reason or has anybody heard of the same problem or how to cure it. I will move isp if need be but I have to be sure that they are the problem as I cant use a different router because of the username and password. Thanks in advance

i would suggest you bring your box to your m8 house and you take his box and each try each others and see if the problem goes away

I did try that and it was a lot better. but I havent brought his over here yet. Also my CCCam provider said I should have been able to get Mgcamd over my mates but it didnt work. It driving me mad
i would suggest you bring your box to your m8 house and you take his box and each try each others and see if the problem goes away

I know somebody running a blade on sky BB
without any problems. They have only got a basic internet package and phone line.

Are you and your mate using the same server ?

Why not get a test line off someone else and
see if that sorts it.

yes we are using the same server. I dont know how to set up the lines , it was set up in the shop and sent out as plug and play. I have 2 mates down here using the same ppv provider and theirs are all ok. I took my receiver to 1 mates house and it worked ok but I still couldnt access mgcamd. For some reason I cannot access Gbox or Mgcamd. The ppv provider is pulling his hair out, this has gone on for months. We have now deceide to bring my mates box over her and let the provider access the stb and see if he can get my mates to run on my broardband

What sat box are you using ?

You could run a ping test
on your computer to see what internet speed
you are actually getting, rather than what is advertised
by your ISP and compare
it with your mates speeds too.

Last edited:
Im using a VU+ DUO and I did a speed ping test from the Bristol post and it was 8.2mb/s but my mate constantly only gets 3.5-3.9mb/s and he's with AOL. The router I have is a black DLINK and he has a Netgear. My signal strength os far srtonger than his and he has a 1.5mt dish and I have only a 1mt dish yet it works well over his place. I am having his stb up here tonight to see if the ppv provider can access his stb and get Mgcamd to work up here

Back