Anyone having problems with avg site??

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
I am having problems accessing avg from firefox. I have Calling ID and it comes up with a warning saying its a fraud and dangerous site.
If i google avg i get the same thing with calling ID a RED warning

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

notice the red bar at the top on this one

Last edited:
Your getting a sponsored result from Google. Publishers pay Google to get that position.

Your search term is causing this, your searching "AVG Antivirus free download."

Always when searching for the genuine site, just type in the name.

avg - Google Search

H even when i type in www .avg.com it still comes up the same whether i use IE or FF would it be something that has been added to caller ID

Click the link I gave you above then if your getting the same, please post another screenshot. (y)

still comes up with the red warings on the google page. But i had an email from avg with these links
HTML:
http://www.avg.com/gb-en/31.prd-avc
HTML:
http://www.avg.com/gb-en/faq?num=2521
and the Calling ID address bar still showed up Red and had the warning box come up :(

that sure is a wierd one linny, not having any problems myself, and not a clue how to help you out:boo:

That's not the avg page I linked you to,

If you look in your address in your picture it shows,

avg.gif

When you click the link I gave it should show this,

realavg.gif

When clicking on the address boxed in red,

This is what it is like in my browser, showing verified.

idverified.gif

This is the correct link,

Code:
http://free.avg.com/gb-en/homepage

HT that was a link directly from AVG.
Tis very strange, might be as i said that my calling ID has it picked up as a dangerous site.
ah notice the difference, yours say FREE at the front one i click on or link i got from avg is just avg.com

Disable the caller ID in Firefox ad-don's and see if you can follow HT's link

Clear your Browser cache too Linny.

I thought AVG was fantastic but had some problems with thier update server. My AV is now 4 days out of date - tried my firewall, reinstallation etc and still the same. Is there a problem with their site?

Sorry, forgot to mention: I am on the free version

I thought AVG was fantastic but had some problems with thier update server.

I used to think they were too MatthewF until they were bought out last year.

Now their product has become bloated and it's growing footprint is causing PC's to become sluggish.

I despise too their inclusion of elements that allow you to scan but need to purchase to clean, it makes them no better than some of the annoying infections floating around like "Security Tool" and "System Tool" but that's just my opinion.

Personally I've moved to Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes. I firmly believe that along with a little bit of common sense and the two aforementioned programs there is nothing more needed to keep the average user safe.

Sometimes I wonder if the big players like Symantec actually employ people to create so called viruses in order to sustain business?

Nobody with any bit of common sense should be paying for online protection anymore.

Back