anyone learnt Spanish online?

lamblamb

TK Veteran
i'm looking for an easy way to learn, preferably free :laughing:

anyone actually done so successfully themselves?

Duolingo is quite good on your phone.

it teaches you such classics as " you must leave my husband is coming home". amusing.

I used the Michel Thomas CDs, before the advent of smart phones, I'm sure I'd find it on my hard drive, if you wanted it @lamblamb
I had all sorts of windows programs back then too. Let me see if I can find anything modern ~ you're not a crapple fan, are you?

Hi mate, duo lingo app for mobile is pretty good there are lots of different challenges to do. I've been practicing Italian for a while. If you want to get going really fast for the type of stuff you would ask whilst on holiday then I would suggest if you have Spotify is listen to 3 minute spanish or italian by keran ball. He uses the same format across all languages and its really good to get you going.

Last edited:
Another vote for Duolingo
Helped me out with Danish massively, also bits and bobs of other languages.
Although the accent is another thing altogether, the only way around that is either a proper teacher/class , or sit in the pub for 6 months, one lass used to teach me a new word or phrase everytime she met me, then one day she just started talking to me and I had a conversation with her without even realising it.

brilliant folks, thankyou.

i wish benijofar was still around, as i'm sure we all do.

i'm sure he could have given me a few tasty phrases :smiley:
He feckin spoke Spanish fluently, but with a thick Cockney accent!! It was something to behold.
I met him in Benidorm a few times, and to hear him order drinks or food was such a giggle.

Back