Anyone looking foward to trhe ashes

biddyboy

Looks like I will be pulling some all nighters watching it, God knows why Australia picked Sean Abbott and Wade but should be strong enough to beat you poms, but saying that I remember Joe Root hitting 180 against us. Anyway lets hope it is a good first test looking forward to it
First Test: December 8-12, The Gabba
Second Test: December 16-20, Adelaide Oval
Third Test: December 26-30, MCG
Fourth Test: January 5-9, SCG
Fifth Test: January 14-18, TBC
Theirs my Christmas and New Years Eve sorted Mrs will have to go partying on her own, Kids can feed themselves I'm on night shift with cricket and all the football on the telly
Merry Christmas all
And a Happy New Year all

Moved to sport/cricket section, please be careful when starting new threads that you think where you are putting them.

I expect Channelking will be along shortly to have a chat about the ashes, me, I don't get test cricket, I can just about get one day stuff.

England going to get smashed. 5-0 probably. This is the worst batting line up we’ve had for years. Hopefully I’ll eat my words.

Moved to sport/cricket section, please be careful when starting new threads that you think where you are putting them.

I expect Channelking will be along shortly to have a chat about the ashes, me, I don't get test cricket, I can just about get one day stuff.

Too complicated to explain mate you have to be a purist of the sport :LOL: :LOL:

But regarding the question, no I am not looking forward to the Ashes as this test team has been shocking for a number of years now and in Australian conditions I also believe they will be smashed 5-0.

Root cant do it all for England either. Alot of the players dont have the mentality and gritt to be a test match player.

Not having a pop at the British, but you gear kids up for failure in this country, with comments like it is not about winning its about the taking part. What the hell is that about you play to win and be the best In Australia you are made to do your best 100% is not good enough you will be pushed for another 10% unlike here. That is why for a small population Australians make great sports men and woman, we would never come out with a comment like is not about winning, we tell our kids to practice and win it and we push them and sport is a big big part in school unlike here where you get a couple of lessons a week, If you show any promise in Australia you will be coached by the best

Not having a pop at the British, but you gear kids up for failure in this country, with comments like it is not about winning its about the taking part. What the hell is that about you play to win and be the best In Australia you are made to do your best 100% is not good enough you will be pushed for another 10% unlike here. That is why for a small population Australians make great sports men and woman, we would never come out with a comment like is not about winning, we tell our kids to practice and win it and we push them and sport is a big big part in school unlike here where you get a couple of lessons a week, If you show any promise in Australia you will be coached by the best

I would agree to a certain extent Australians breed winners and are a very successful sporting nation.

Even in cricket I am in awe sadly at how mentally strong Australia are and dont have that give up attitude like other teams.

But that doesnt stop me wishing they would fail miserably at every turn :LOL: :LOL:

I would agree to a certain extent Australians breed winners and are a very successful sporting nation.

Even in cricket I am in awe sadly at how mentally strong Australia are and dont have that give up attitude like other teams.

But that doesnt stop me wishing they would fail miserably at every turn :LOL: :LOL:
Never, it breed into us because it get you losing poms whinging as bloody always:LOL:

Never, it breed into us because it get you losing poms whinging as bloody always:LOL:

You sound bitter this still keeping you up at night?
That still gives me nightmares was in Tenerife watching that, Still wake with a shudder to this day, but fair play it was not England that beat us, it was Jonny Wilkinson and his incredible kicking throughout that game deserved though

Might as well get the sandpaper ready as may come in handy for the Aussies :sneaky:
Now now now come on we are not all like that, and I think Smith was too good for that to be fair best batsman in the world and he resorts to that as for Warner that I would not put past him, Either way they should never have been allowed to play for Australia again

Now now now come on we are not all like that, and I think Smith was too good for that to be fair best batsman in the world and he resorts to that as for Warner that I would not put past him, Either way they should never have been allowed to play for Australia again
Yes but they did because Australia needed their best batsman.

Similiar with pakistan bringing that damn match fixer back Amir back.

Some of the boards as we know don't care about integrity of the sport as seen by their actions bringing certain players back.

It's a shame that test cricket still isn't at the forefront as it should be and the WTC hasn't helped as I'm sure they would have thought.

T20, T10 the hundred are what most associate with cricket but that long term will truly kill test cricket which for me is what made me love this great sport growing up as a kid.

Back