Anyone made a dartboard stand?

36red

Don't fancy these metal speaker stands turned into dartboard stands, when the dart hits the board there's more wobble than the leeds defence.
Was thinking of getting a piece of 4x3 and standing it up in the middle of a square garden planter surrounded by ready mix concrete.
Do you reckon this would be strong enough to keep it upright or would be lean over like a semi lol

mmmm 53 views and no replies, guess nobody has made a stand then lol
It wouldn't work.
It would wobble everywhere on each dart in/out.
Also it would have to be exactly upright.
A slight angle forward or backwards and the board would be facing the floor or the ceiling

Are you talking about a basketball hoop board type construction?
If so, I'd say not greatly feasible, too many off square problems?? If it were made of wood, there would likely be movement problems too, plus wood warping with the elements too. If you were to make a metal frame I imagine you'd only have the vertical problem.
It's probably easiest to attach to a wall, no?

Are you talking about a basketball hoop board type construction?
If so, I'd say not greatly feasible, too many off square problems?? If it were made of wood, there would likely be movement problems too, plus wood warping with the elements too. If you were to make a metal frame I imagine you'd only have the vertical problem.
It's probably easiest to attach to a wall, no?
yes got it on a wall at moment but wanted to get it set up in living room for night time playing.
was at a betting shop a few years ago and peter manley was there doing a customer relations thing for Betfred and he had a wooden stand that worked a treat.
looked a home made thing but was solid.

yes got it on a wall at moment but wanted to get it set up in living room for night time playing.
was at a betting shop a few years ago and peter manley was there doing a customer relations thing for Betfred and he had a wooden stand that worked a treat.
So , let me get this straight,
You want to make a stable solid stand out of wood and concrete ,
and, expect it to be portable enough to carry in and out of your living room,?
Are you Geoff Capes,? :unsure:

So , let me get this straight,
You want to make a stable solid stand out of wood and concrete ,
and, expect it to be portable enough to carry in and out of your living room,?
Are you Geoff Capes,? :unsure:
nah just wood fella like the one peter manley uses, he carries it to and from his motor so cant be too heavy

Was thinking of getting a piece of 4x3 and standing it up in the middle of a square garden planter surrounded by ready mix concrete.
nah just wood fella like the one peter manley uses, he carries it to and from his motor so cant be too heavy
So what exactly do you think the difference between ready mix concrete, and plain concrete is then,?
Oh, hang on, ready mix comes in a big wagon and gets poured just where you want it.
It's weighs just the same, give or take a few kilos on the ballast used.
The mind boggles,,,,,

If want it setup in living room just get some one to hold it (well daft enough too) or easiest solution just buy a dartboard for living room.
Bust most people do night time playing once missus and kids in bed so a friend says usually around midnight :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Is that foldable lmfao

Back