Anything is possible

36red

Well, well, well, Lingers gets a call up to England's first 11 for the friendly game tonight. Wasn't long ago he was a forgotten and broken man who couldn't get a game in the park on a sunday.
Few months at WHU and a few goals and everything is looking rosy for him again. Just shows in life you might be down but you are never out. Wouldn't surprise me if he scores as well.

I thought he had a good game. It must have been tough for him been asked to play and not been picked for the Euro's but at least he didn't spit his dummy out. Wasn't it his pass that lead to the goal ?.

As for England as a whole ?. I was arguing with my son I was saying it was a poor performance.
He was at it:
"Yeah but we've about 8-9 players missing with the CL and Europa".
But my point was, there was some very decent players on that pitch and there's no way we should have been pinned in our own half for long periods of the 2nd half by an average Austrian side.
The commentators hit the nail on the head. The England players keep passing short 10 yard passes. No one is picking the ball up and running to try and draw the opposition for me only Grealish did that.

I think Grealish has to start, he's a master at drawing fouls. You can see him 5 to go getting us a pen.

Back