Applecare Protection Plan Problem!

j4v3d

VIP Member
just bought applecare protection plan for iPhone 3GS trying to register it online and its asking me for proof of purchase after i have entered the serial number etc..

what do i do now? the phone was under warranty when i bought it from ebay, through private sale over paypal, 4 months was left under the applecare

bought the protection plan off ebay and got it today

can someone please help me? link is below of the screenshot i have taken.

View qOreMr.png on ScreenSnapr

Applecare Protection Plan.. And Apple!!!!

seems they have accepted the serial number for my protection plan for iPhone 3GS i sent them proof of purchase, just checked it now via inputting my serial number of Iphone and it says i get everything, but the estimated expiry date is December 2011.. that surely is not 2 years, WTF are they playing at?

im sick of this, spent £40 buying this as well, ive even sent the seller an email.. what should i do now? i have emailed apple about this, not happy about this one bit!!

below is an image of details of my iPhone and protection plan, some important stuff has been blocked out ie serial number;

AppleCarePP.png

Last edited:
jstu looked this up on the apple site
Service and support from the people who know your iPhone best

Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of technical support.1 The AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone. Whether you use iPhone with a Mac or a PC, just one phone call can help resolve most issues.
Notice is says FROM ORIGIONAL PURCHASE DATE. so if the seller has had it more than a yr then all your going to get is til december. its NOT from when you purchased but from when phone was 1st bought and registered.
These plans have to be read Carefully! If you spent £40 then i have no idea what he charged you as care is £61 for the 2 yrs so maybe he charged you for part of the £61 that he paid. Check with your seller or contact Apple via phone for more info. APPLE CARE PAGE HERE

jstu looked this up on the apple site
Notice is says FROM ORIGIONAL PURCHASE DATE. so if the seller has had it more than a yr then all your going to get is til december. its NOT from when you purchased but from when phone was 1st bought and registered.
These plans have to be read Carefully! If you spent £40 then i have no idea what he charged you as care is £61 for the 2 yrs so maybe he charged you for part of the £61 that he paid. Check with your seller or contact Apple via phone for more info. APPLE CARE PAGE HERE

emailed the seller yesterday, seems there is no reply, im sick of crap happening to me always, so looks like i need to buy the £61 applecare protection from the apple website then?

well your covered until Dec2011 so no point in doing anything until then - not sure if they will contact you when it runs out or if you need to contact them. But Apple are very good and if you miss the deadline with cover you cant then renew. Had that problem with my 1st ipod.
Once it runs out in Dec then you can get cover again for another 2 yrs maybe,but by then you might want to upgrade to a newer iphone. the iphone 5 comes out about Oct Nov this year apparently!
You wont get no joy from seller hes had your money youve had your purchase the contract has finished!

well your covered until Dec2011 so no point in doing anything until then - not sure if they will contact you when it runs out or if you need to contact them. But Apple are very good and if you miss the deadline with cover you cant then renew. Had that problem with my 1st ipod.
Once it runs out in Dec then you can get cover again for another 2 yrs maybe,but by then you might want to upgrade to a newer iphone. the iphone 5 comes out about Oct Nov this year apparently!
You wont get no joy from seller hes had your money youve had your purchase the contract has finished!

i got the following email from them, seems they will extend it to 2 years now (hoping so)

We need additional information to register your AppleCare agreement

Dear Apple Customer,

Product Serial Number(s): 88XXXXXXX
AppleCare Registration (Agreement) Number: Needed

Thank you for sending the documentation regarding the registration of your AppleCare support agreement.

After reviewing the document(s) you provided and verifying that the AppleCare support agreement was purchased during your Apple product's warranty period, we are ready to register your agreement. However, we need your AppleCare Protection Plan enrollment number (registration number). Please forward this email to app_dop@apple.com and include your AppleCare Protection Plan enrollment number.

After we receive your email, we will complete your registration and send you the Proof of Coverage letter.

Sincerely,

AppleCare Agreement Administration

This transmission may be privileged and may contain confidential information intended only for the person(s) named above. Any other distribution, retransmission, copying, or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete this message from your system.

Content:

Product Details :

Product Serial Number : 88XXXXXXX
Product Purchase Date: 2009-12-11
Display Serial Number : NA
Display Purchase Date: NA

Agreement Details:

Agreement Number : Agreement Type : NA
Agreement Type : NA
Language : ENG

ah see it was registered in Dec 2009 so Dec2011 will be the end of 2 yrs! Good luck anyways!

i bought it and it had 4 months left on the AppleCare Protection Plan. I think they have just extended it from 2009 to 2011 as i am the new owner now of that phone. Sounds confusing, but lets see what happens now when i get a reply to the email will just double check my serial number on the apple website and see the status

Added after 24 minutes:

update for all to see who have been involved, just got an email from Apple

Dear Apple Customer,

AppleCare Registration Number: 8XXXXXXXXX / Product Case ID: 8XXXXXXXX

Thank you for sending the additional information we requested regarding the purchase of your AppleCare Protection Plan. We are pleased to report that the registration process is complete and your product is now covered by the AppleCare Protection Plan.

We hope you enjoy the coverage provided by the plan, and we appreciate your interest in Apple products.

Sincerely,
AppleCare Agreement Administration

Last edited:
Back