Asus 550c RAM query

funkleton

Has anyone else been having any issues with getting answers to support queries submitted to to Asus?

I've got a really simple question that I've been waiting months for an answer to.

I've got an old 550C that I want to give to my son just to mess around with (he's only 8 so I'm not going to spend big bucks on anew one for him) - it's a little slow for games and could use a RAM upgrade
Apparently some models in this line can be upgraded to 6GB - other models can be upgraded to 8GB - not sure which I've got and not sure how I find out

is there any other letters or numbers in the model #?from what ive read that is not going to be a gaming computer not matter what you do.if it has any empty ram slots,then sure add ram,making sure its exactly the same as what it presently has.you can also perk it up by adding an ssd drive.what are the present specs for your 550?

If you go to Crucial Ram or Kingston website They used to have a small download that sees what you can upgrade too? At least they did?

is there any other letters or numbers in the model #?from what ive read that is not going to be a gaming computer not matter what you do.if it has any empty ram slots,then sure add ram,making sure its exactly the same as what it presently has.you can also perk it up by adding an ssd drive.what are the present specs for your 550?

It's an X550CC and it's currently got 6GB with both slots filled - the problem I'm having is that I'm getting conflicting info - some sites say max 6GB in which case it's maxed out already - others say 8Gb
Asus are saying nothing :boo: ..... thanks guys

It's got an i3 1.4Ghz processor - a dedicated Nvidia Geforce 720m graphics card, a 500Gb hard drive and it runs windows 10

In the past I've played a stuff like XCOM, Dawn of War, Total War, and a whole shedload of old DosBox games - and while it's not a gaming machine it handles that sort of thing just fine as long as I turn some of the more taxing graphics setting down

The kid likes minecraft and Roblox which seem to get just a little laggy - I don't really want to shell out a big stack of cash on a kid who already has a iPhone, Tablet and Xbox - but I'd stretch to a £50(ish) tweak on my old laptop - so a RAM upgrade seems like the way forward

its maxed as far as ram goes.the only useful upgrade would be an ssd.even if you could upgrade the ram,it wont make a difference.

Back