MINI ATV wont flash on OSmini

steptoe

VIP Member
OK, so I've had no takers on my OSmini so I thought I'd have a play about with it and try this new whooshbuild infinity
I usually run plain VIX on both my boxes,
I've downloaded the correct file from here
extracted and put it on a USB [ 3 different sicks ]
it gets about halfway through stage
(2/3) Updating osmini/rootfs.bin
and then goes blue screen

no matter how long I leave it, it doesnt do anything, if I power box off and remove USB, power on it shows the OpenATV logo and LED shows boot, but it just hangs

it will flash VIX using the same USBs without any problems,
is there an issue with the current ATV downloads for the OSmini.?

sounds like there is maybe an issue, especially if it's working okay with VIX and all...wait and see if Open ATV do another build/update mate...or better still, try an older version of ATV?

Last edited:
My OS-MINI will only usb flash vix also and even when I flash another image (via image manager) it keeps the vix boot logo I assume some version ages ago didn't install correctly and thus the issues.

The WoS OpenViX bootlogo can only be changed by usb flashing a new splash.bin
Couch flashing won't change it.

Yes just send the OpenATV zip file to media/hdd/imagebackups create the imagebackups folder if needed.
The whole zip file without extracting it,?
Can I put it in the image back-up folder on my USB stick,? I'm using Linux so my PC can still read and write to my USB.

Yes the whole zip file I'm not sure if you can just put it on USB stick unless you're pc can read it when it's already formatted.
Thank you.
Ye, my PC can read ext4 natively, I use Linux,
Be easier for me that way, I'm a computer numpty,,,,,,
I'll try it anyway, if not I'll give filezulla a go and transfer it to media/usb/imagebackups
That's where my USB is mounted, my HDD is a network mount on my main box just for recordings.

I'm not sure if vix can use different locations for imagebackups @Willo3092 may know I just use hdd with Windows explorer on laptop or es file explorer on android phone.

I put on OpenATV on my OS Mini last week and I was tearing my hair out with it due to the blue screen issue. I eventually found that it would accept kernel flashing with OPENATV 6.1 but above that (6.2 or 6.3) it would bluescreen halfway through installation.

So what you have to do is install OPENATV 6.1 then within the menu do the software upgrade to 6.2, then from that to 6.3...you may be able to go directly to 6.3 have not tried.

Another thing to note, if anyone does get the blue screen do not attempt to flash another image from USB straight away, I found it will not detect the USB image straight away. Leave the box for around 5-10 minutes powered off, then it will work.

hi ther got same box had open vix version 4.2.o.26 i folowed dsayers2014 instrutions and it worked a treat no pobs atall thanks

Back