Auto Bouquet Maker auto update question

iky316

Hi,

Simple question probably, does Auto Bouquet Maker need updating frequently? (daily, weekly, monthly etc) or can I just leave the updates off after I have it configured and set to the way I like it?

The reason I ask is because after every ABM update my channel list gets changed which is annoying. I can't imagine ABM update frequency is as important as the EPG update as it only organises the channel info or have I got this wrong and is the EPG linked to the ABM?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

You don't need to do it everyday
bit most do and so do i

if you want the channels to show and in the right place. You need to scan once and a while
set it to half early or when you don't watch it. It will update in stand by

the update window is a only a small window

---------- Post Merged at 08:39 AM ----------

EPG is most likely crossepg or EPG import, but others are available

It's not the update window itself that is the issue. It's the fact that channels get changed or go missing after the updates. That's why I was wondering wether a regular update is actually necessary once you have it set up to the way you like it.

Rule of thumb. If a channel has moved or gone awol then just do a manual abm scan. There is absolutely no need to do it any other time. People have it set daily, weekly whatever just so its always up to date when they come to their viewing. As it only takes 5 mins to update its no biggy

Rule of thumb. If a channel has moved or gone awol then just do a manual abm scan. There is absolutely no need to do it any other time. People have it set daily, weekly whatever just so its always up to date when they come to their viewing. As it only takes 5 mins to update its no biggy

Cheers mate.

I think I'll leave it for monthly updates and keep cross EPG for daily.

I have been doing the manual update and will probably stick to that method to fix issues. Problems were.arising when wife was trying to watch her channels.and they weren't there anymore and I wasn't at home.

Cheers again.

so why not have abm update just after or before epg?
that way it will always be up to date and more importantly you wont upset the wife (no 1 rule)

so why not have abm update just after or before epg?
that way it will always be up to date and more importantly you wont upset the wife (no 1 rule)

I did have it set to that (update daily just before EPG update) but channel order would get messed up and some channels wouldn't show anymore until I redid a manual scan. I don't know why it would do that but it became very annoying. So thought I would limit the updates a I don't see why a daily update for bouquets is necessary really.

Back