Autobouque maker not working in open pli 8.3 GB UE 4k box

Hi All

Whenever I try to run ABM in openpli latest image , I get error screen and box crashes and restart. Does anyone know if this is a known issue in the image or I need to do anything?

The message is so quick I can't see where the logs are saved. I can post the error log here if I know where it is saved.

ABM works fine in other images but not in open pli.

Cheers

[QUOTE="Ferret., post: 1192719, member: 139492"] If you have a hdd installed and crashlog is enabled the log itself will be on the root of the hdd. [/QUOTE]

Now if I can find how to enable the crash log option. Can't seems to find this option in system settings .

Code:
OpenPLi Enigma2 crash log

crashdate=Sun Nov 20 11:05:19 2022
compiledate=Sep 18 2022
skin=PLi-FullNightHD/skin.xml
sourcedate=2022-09-06
branch=release-8.3
rev=fea507c
component=Enigma2

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/setup.py", line 250, in prepare
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/setup.py", line 250, in <lambda>
TypeError: normalize() argument 2 must be unicode, not str
[ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method AutoBouquetsMaker_ProvidersSetup.prepare of <class 'Plugins.SystemPlugins.AutoBouquetsMaker.setup.AutoBouquetsMaker_ProvidersSetup'>>,()) failed)

This should have been fixed by this commit:
[Setup.py] Fix crash on Py2 images · oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker@21107e5

However, PLI pin plugins to versions, i will have to investigate

For now,
Using FTP, navigate to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker
rename the "setup.pyo" to "setup.pyo.orignal"
download the attached file, unzip it, transfer setup.py to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker tenn retsart your receiver.
Refresh filezilla and confirm a new setup.pyo has been created
Delete the setup.py you had transferred

Attachments

• setup_fix_unicade_error.zip
    6 KB · Views: 1
Code:
OpenPLi Enigma2 crash log

crashdate=Sun Nov 20 11:05:19 2022
compiledate=Sep 18 2022
skin=PLi-FullNightHD/skin.xml
sourcedate=2022-09-06
branch=release-8.3
rev=fea507c
component=Enigma2

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/setup.py", line 250, in prepare
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/setup.py", line 250, in <lambda>
TypeError: normalize() argument 2 must be unicode, not str
[ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method AutoBouquetsMaker_ProvidersSetup.prepare of <class 'Plugins.SystemPlugins.AutoBouquetsMaker.setup.AutoBouquetsMaker_ProvidersSetup'>>,()) failed)

This should have been fixed by this commit:
[Setup.py] Fix crash on Py2 images · oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker@21107e5

However, PLI pin plugins to versions, i will have to investigate

For now,
Using FTP, navigate to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker
rename the "setup.pyo" to "setup.pyo.orignal"
download the attached file, unzip it, transfer setup.py to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker tenn retsart your receiver.
Refresh filezilla and confirm a new setup.pyo has been created
Delete the setup.py you had transferred

Thanks. Will try later this afternoon and report. Cheers

I was just looking at that. The crashlog says sourcedate=2022-09-06

That was before the fix. Isn't there an updated pli 8.3 image?

Downloads | OpenPLi - Open Source Set-Top Box Software

However, PLI pin/hold the version of plugins on their release images. Only tested plugins are meant to be in the release version. Also stops people having different files even though on same image as a file can change during the build process. I have submitted a pull request to update the version of ABM on PLi. They run weekly builds.

You could try the developer one which has latest of everything, but it is python 3

@Abu Baniaz

I have tried the fix above. all seems to workd in selction of providers this time but when I ran scan it crashed the box ahain. see new log

After the box restart , newly created folders are there but all channels are grey showing n/a . also getting tuner failed message.

Looks like time to reset the box.

Attachments

• enigma2_crash_1668949968.txt
    21.7 KB · Views: 2
Do you have bouquets already on the box?

edit:
Code:
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/main.py", line 494, in doBuildIndex
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/manager.py", line 106, in save
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/bouquetswriter.py", line 167, in writeLamedb
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/codecs.py", line 708, in write
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/codecs.py", line 369, in write
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xd0 in position 535929: invalid continuation byte
[ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method AutoBouquetsMaker.doBuildIndex of <class 'Plugins.SystemPlugins.AutoBouquetsMaker.scanner.main.AutoBouquetsMaker'>>,()) failed)

Last edited:
Do you have bouquets already on the box?

edit:
Code:
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/main.py", line 494, in doBuildIndex
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/manager.py", line 106, in save
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/bouquetswriter.py", line 167, in writeLamedb
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/codecs.py", line 708, in write
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/codecs.py", line 369, in write
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xd0 in position 535929: invalid continuation byte
[ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method AutoBouquetsMaker.doBuildIndex of <class 'Plugins.SystemPlugins.AutoBouquetsMaker.scanner.main.AutoBouquetsMaker'>>,()) failed)

Hi Abu, yes, it did have actually, I was desperate for ABM so I installed other ABM (28.2 only) one from plugin extension which did work but that was only for 28.2.

But I confirm, I was getting same same crash error prior to installation of ABM (28.2).

Just an update, I resat the box, restored my settings and now ABM working fine. Thank you for your help.

The PLI version i am using is 8.3 30 Oct 22

Next week's PLi 8.3 image will have latest ABM. This will work around those utf issues in other channel lists as well as the fix for that setup.py crash.

Correction : A rebuild was started and should be finished tomorrow. Check the PLI download page for status.

Back