Autobouquet guidance for Cable setup if possible?

disco103

Hi folks,

I was wondering if someone would be good enough to give me a bit of guidance as to getting the Autobouquet working on my H2H box. I have had it 3 weeks now and still cannot get it running as I'd expect.

I have a Virgin Media cable input only, no sky so one tuner used (B) and I have not configured tuner A via the tuner configuration setup. I have managed to scan in the channels okay (561 channels) and get them working but as soon as I try to setup my EPG and Autobouquet setup I get a bit stuck and seem to go around in circles. I have reflashed and tried a different scusmsee image (now on Vix 4.0.003 image). My provider sent me an N line and told me to add via FTP to CCam.cfg then select CCam 2.3.0 instead of mgcamd1.38 in softcam setup. I'm in Glasgow so network id is 00002

I scan for autobouquet etc but the box at the bottom comes up Reading Virgin UK and finds Services - 0 TV and 0 Radio. Then says AutobouquetsMaker Cannot read data.

Can someone tell me the right procedure to get this working. I must be doing something wrong but quite simple. Just can't see it. I have tried a few things but end up with the box crashing constantly and I have to reflash.

I only have a cable input not sky. I can watch channels okay but just can't get the epg and categories working correctly.

Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC_0070[1].jpg
    DSC_0070[1].jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC_0074[1].jpg
    DSC_0074[1].jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC_0075[1].jpg
    DSC_0075[1].jpg
    20 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC_0076[1].jpg
    DSC_0076[1].jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
You need to do the scan through autobouquetsmaker then click start scan.
Also make sure your net ID is the same in your tuner b configuration and that virgin media is selected as the provider.

You say you can watch tele so I'm assuming that you have the adapter for the cable and have plugged it into the top left port on the box.

Have you set your EPG source to Rytec Virgin UK?

Depending if your using VIX or ATV the location is slightly different & the process is slightly different depending If you are using CrossEPG or XMLTV-importer.

for VIX its: menu/setup/system/EPG... XMLTV (if using xmltv) then blue button to select source (Ryetec Virgin UK) then yellow button to manually update it now. Crossepg its "download now" to update epg after you have set to Rytec Virgin UK

Last edited:
Alright guys. Thanks for replying :)

Anyway yes I done the rytec thing etc. It must be something very straightforward im just not doing. It is a pest to have to scroll through all the channels under last scanned because there are no other categories, films, sport etc.

Tell you what I will do. I will do a step by step from the flash to where i get to and see if someone spots an error in procedure. I am at work just now but will do this evening.

Thanks so far!

shouldnt need to go through every step as you have channels clearing so you have correct net ID etc, if its just the EPG then it can only be a few things....source provider (rytec virgin uk)...location setting for EPG to be downloaded/stored (check EGP setting for location & time to auto update)...check the mount location of your HDD/USB (default mount is sda1...change to hdd or usb which ever you are using.

Having just re read your post have you tried pressing the blue button marked as favorites...this will show the group/categories I think you are looking for

Last edited:
Back