Autobouquets Not Downloading All Channel Information

ccfox

Good Afternoon All

I have noticed on my ZGemma H2S running openvix that the channel listings are not downloading the channel information in the EPG. The main channels ie BBC, ITV, CH4 etc are fine but channels like Horror and True Movies have the programs not showing at all. The channel is in the EPG and you can view it but no listings.

I have tried to download the listings manually with Autobouguets but no avail. It justs looks and then not loads. Sometimes if I do a hard reboot via the menu the channel listings will be there.

Is this a known issue?

If so is there a solution?

Kind Regards

CCF

ABM doesn't download the epg data, that's the job of epg importer
not sure where it lives on vix, but in atv it's in plugins menu>epgimporter
click yellow to download new epg listings

Good Afternoon Pabloescaban

Thank you for your reply. I have tried your suggestion and it didn't work.

KR

CCF

OK, can you explain what didn't work?
do you have epg importer in the plugins department?
if so, it may not have been setup
open it again, press blue, put a tick in Rytec UK Virgin Sky XMLTV
and the six sections that open up underneath it.
click green to save
click yellow to import

Put the box on the VM Preview channel for 5 minutes then have a look and see if the EPG is populated

Hi all.

Thanks for all your replies.

Using ZGemma H2S with Openvix on Freesat. I did what Pabloescaban recommended...

I went into Menu > EPG Importer > Yellow Button (Manual).

It started importing from UK/Ireland UK Freesat (xy).

It imported 24762 events.

Then I go to my planner and there are still lots of gaps where programmes not channels are missing. Like I said previously I can what the channel just not see what's on...

Now rebooted my box not restart GUI. Go to planner and channels like True Movies have guide data up until 12pm tomorrow.

Any thoughts to what is going on?

Again Kind Regards

CCF

Its Thursday. Astra channels usually officially swap on Tuesday and Thursday.

If you are using Rytec EPG, provide teh Rytec team with the missing service names and references.

Thank you Abu for that information. This has been happening for about a week now.

How do I contact the Rytec team?

KR CCF

You are using a hacked image for the receiver. It would be better if you flash an official image. CrossEPG will then work for you properly as teh box type is detected correctly.

Last edited:
Abu

The image I've used is from installation directions from this site not hacked unless you mean my box has been hacked into.

It has only been like this for about a week. And the installation was done about a month ago.

KR

CCF

Now i'm confused.

So who makes the official image for my box? If not Openvix....Whooshbuild? Also if it is an hacked image why let it on this site?

What is the official image and where do I get it?

KR

CCF

Vix haven’t supported zgemmas for a very long time
You might be well out of date or a modded Verison

Whoosh is a build on top of atv not a image

Install OpenATV (what most people on this forum use) , OpenPLI, Pure2, OpenSPA among others. If you cant find it from the official download site of the image team, it is not offcial.

OpenVix only make images for the newer Zgemma boxes

Back