Autobouquets Not Downloading All Channel Information

Update...

I have just done a system update. All is now working....I was previously using Whooshbuild Infinity which automatically updated itself. Seems OpenVix doesn't.

No matter. I get on better with the Openvix build. With Whooshbuild I had problems with recordings etc. Still a great image but I lost patience with it.

Thank you all for your input. Keep well all.

Kind Regards

CCF

If you updated on your hacked openvix image you might run into errors and box will need to be reflashed to a supported image.
Users were told on these boxes not to software update so only time may see.

Update...

I have just done a system update. All is now working....I was previously using Whooshbuild Infinity which automatically updated itself. Seems OpenVix doesn't.

No matter. I get on better with the Openvix build. With Whooshbuild I had problems with recordings etc. Still a great image but I lost patience with it.

Thank you all for your input. Keep well all.

Kind Regards

CCF

If you were using WBI which updated epg and worked, why put on a non-working image that isn't supported for your receiver?

I was using Whooshbuild but for some reason only allowed around 12 record series and also it missed recordings. Annoying if you are recording a series.

I tried Openvix not knowing that it was an unsupported system as it is on this site and it seemed to work. Also it has a update feature that makes the box register as a H2S in the settings. I ran this and all was well until a week ago. Now I have done a system update it is back to how it was before the problems. And the system update was a relatively recent one. An update within a month. Openvix might not support it but whoever hacked it supports it. And my recordings are working as they should.

Time will tell whether this solved the problem.

As for using a ATV build the only one I know about is Whooshbuild. And as I have said it was for me plagued with problems. Recordings, Irish ITV channels (UTV) in the EPG instead of my local ITV region....No matter what I tried it wouldn't work. It started around the time that Sky rearranged it's channel groupings.

If these problems that I experienced are rectified then I would go back to whooshbuild. But only if Openvix keeps giving me problems.

Kind Regards

CCF

All my boxes are supported or were on openvix depending how many years you go back and had the odd issue but no major issues.
Epg and daily abm updates meant everything worked as it should but comes a time when things change and a newer image is needed to stay up to date .
Abm and epg sources needing updates over time yes it happens.
Sucmnsee i think was one of the first hackers/adapters of an image to work on zgemma boxes,now many more have their own all in one image versions for many e2 boxes.

If you want to use openvix upgrade to a zgemma 7 or 9 model that is supported by openvix.

Forgot to mention anytime i set a recording is on that channel and add a timer which works,epg might have multiple sources of utv on sat and choosing correct location maybe needed.

Back