AutoBouquetsMaker script downloader

dsayers2014

VIP Member
I've created a plugin to download and run a script to download the autobouqetemarker providers files so we can run it using a crontimer.

This should work on most e2 receiver's using autobouqetesmarker that uses a script runner and crontimer

so lets download my ipk from here View attachment enigma2-plugin-extentions-updateproviders_1.001_all.ipk.zip unzip the enigma2-plugin-extentions-updateproviders_1.001_all.ipk.zip file and ftp the enigma2-plugin-extentions-updateproviders_1.001_all.ipk to tmp

to install it on box

OpenATV
Menu... setup... software management... install local extension
memory/tmp
Press ok on the package
press green to install.

OpenVIX
Menu > setup > VIX > Iplkg install or install loca Extensions
memory/tmp
Press ok on the package
press green to install.

reboot box and go to plugins and and choose Providers script downloader this will download and run the script that should download the following providers files from Github:

SKY UK
SKY IRL
Freesat
Terrestrial
Virgin UK
Cable ie

This will take about 2 minutes to run
Once it's downloaded should have a message saying updateProviders file downloaded and ran script press exit and set crontimer.

Now we need to set a crontimer to run the script

Menu > Timers > CronTimers (you may be prompted to install 'busybox-cron' - install this - box will restart)

Add a Cron Timer by pressing the Green button

Run How Often ? - Daily
Time To Execute Command Or Script - Whatever you prefer, I have 00:00
Command Type - predefined
You should see the updateProviders.sh
Press green to save then check if it says start on autostart if not yellow to start and blue to autostart

I work 12 hour nights so I will add preinst on a new version

Thanks to pembo for providing the original script and birdman helping to edit to run via scriptrunner and wooshman helping with the python file

Last edited:
Sorry if I've overlooked something and I'm asking a stupid question but what exactly does this do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It downloads and runs a script to download the providers files from Github and you can set a crontimer to run the script daily or weekly etc

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Yes to download the providers files daily ie config files option in autobouqete marker only downloads on demand this allows you to download them daily

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Didn't phrase my question very well - so basically this automates the update config mod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back