Avira AntiVir Personal

ferguj1

Super Duper Modulator
Staff member
If you don't have virus protection, your PC will be infected with malware in a matter of minutes. Avira AntiVir Personal offers basic protection against viruses, worms, Trojans, rootkits, adware, and spyware that has been tried and tested over 100 million times worldwide. What's more, it is available free-of-charge. It not only protects against these types of malware, but offers as well, in case of an infection, the possibility of removing viruses very easily and repair the system automatically.

Functions: AntiVir stops all kinds of viruses; AntiAd/Spyware protects against adware and spyware; AntiRootkit detects hidden rootkits; QuickRemoval removes viruses at the push of a button; NetbookSupport support for computers with low resolution; AHeADTechnology detects even unknown viruses by their profiles; AviraSupport there for you in person when questions arise.

:download:
Avira AntiVir Personal

going to try this as my pc didnt like avg free

I never did much care for avg. I liked Avira and that is what I used up until just recently when I decided to give Microsoft Security Essentials a go, based on recommendation from one of our knowledgable members. So far it is working well and I have not had any issues. With any of them, time will tell. Whatever you choose, I hope that it works out for you and that you don't experience any further issues.

well actually ferg when i went to install avira it said i had to close MSE and disable it so wasnt sure what to do - decided to give it a miss and see how the new MSE goes. Just thought due to the problems i had this might make my pc work better I had windows defender on her but the new MSE wipes that out its same but more advanced i think. So yes see how this pc goes for a few days.

i never cared much for it so now use Microsft security essentials...free and updates as well

it dont seem to bother too much about the stuff i have on my spare drives and never been infected so happy bunny

mse for me i also use zone alarm firewall, malwarebytes, superantispyware, plus ccleaner, of the last 3 i run a different one each day, which ensures they are always updated, no probs so far, one other thing never log on as adminastrator, its just asking for trouble.

Back