babies on the way yay!!

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
aww im so excited ive just got to share.

Looked at my eggs this morning and one looked like it was splitting or pipping as we call it.

Came back this afternoon and the lines were more prominent and i could see it move. Out of 8 eggs looks like 4 have made it all the way. There are definite signs that the others will pip within the next 24hrs or so.

The 1st one is the smallest and i can see its back ( looks like a chequered board) got a couple of photos to share with you but will have hopefully babies to share in a day or so.
Enjoy! :)
S7300873.jpg

S7300867.jpg

S7300870.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

the black marks/lines you can see are where its splitting and stretching - looks a bit likes cracked glaze on a plate

thanks no nor can i lol - i wont sleep tonite LOL will be up early 2mora to see if its popped its head out and see if the rest have split a bit more.

This is our 1st attempt so im happy with 50% - its more than some people get with their 1st clutch

thanks no nor can i lol - i wont sleep tonite LOL will be up early 2mora to see if its popped its head out and see if the rest have split a bit more.

This is our 1st attempt so im happy with 50% - its more than some people get with their 1st clutch

well done Linny, you sound like a proud mother lollollol

yes very true, but im used to baby snakes that either refuse to eat or just try to give up.

Pete ( mum - yes thought it was a boy) was a non feeder born with lots of kinks and we never thought it would survive. I took it on as a challenge 3 yrs ago never knew if it would survive, but i force fed it nurtured it etc etc then after about 8-9 months it started eating on its own. Well now all thats history and its had laid eggs.
Im so proud of what i did back then. Some hated me for what i did - said i should let nature take its course as it had lots of kinks in its body and could hardly move. But now wow! if i had not have intervened it would not be alive and producing babies. The kinks were not genetic and disappeared as it grew stronger and ate.
So if im a little over excited LOL thats why! ive nurtured mum and will nurture babies and get them feeding if need be. BUT hopefully they will do ok on their own.

vishing you all the luck in the world m8 but iv found when you put that much work in things normaly work out very well my best wishes to ya

a friends who is pretty good at takeing pix is gonna come round early next week and take some for me so we should have some excellent ones.

thanks peeps :)

not checked them as yet. will wait til up ready and organised thne then go check on them and will update this thread. Thanks x

Fascinating Linny, cool pics goodluck with the rest, will keep watchin here :)

thats great looks very healty well done linny well done keep them comeing good luck

Last edited:
cheers all. Got a freind coming round shortly so she will take far better pix than i can
im grinning for ear to ear lol! cant beleive it. May sound daft but you put these eggs in and do as instructed but never know whats gonna happen

snakes are hard work baby snakes very hard fair play to ya cant wait to see more pics your doing a great job

Back