Back up problem

Bigrussuk

Hey all, sorry another back-up issue, I've read the threads and can't see a similar problem

I'm trying to back up my box...i did it once fine...but the screen was frozen at the time (bad signal) so to be on the safe side I thought I'd do it again.
Now it won't recognise my card, when I get to click on the 'USB' button I just keep getting the 'no USB-devise found for full back' message.

I've tried 2 different brand new flash drives, formatted each time, and re added the backupstick.txt file.

When I insert the drive I get a message saying 'No media found on disk' ...and it backs up ok when only only backing up system settings so it is recognising the drive is there to an extent , but just will not have it for the 'backup image'...arrgg!

Anybody any ideas pls

Cheers

Russ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I do my backups I put them on the USB in the rear which is mounted. When it asks which location, I select HDD not USB. Dunno if that helps but it's something to think about. :)

When I do my backups I put them on the USB in the rear which is mounted. When it asks which location, I select HDD not USB. Dunno if that helps but it's something to think about. :)

Thanks mate

I haven't solved the problem but I've stumbled on a work around, I unplugged the rear 'recording drive' and selected HHD Instead of USB and it backup up on the the USB !?

It works and has restored ok off that backup on boot...I'd still like answer to why this issue is happening if anybody has one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If using imagemanager in vix it backs up to /hdd wether thats a usb or hdd.
Removing rear would have left it with /hdd mount on front usb.

So basically it will mount to whichever drive is mounted as /hdd.

Cool! One tip I will give people is to leave your backup on the rear storage HDD/USB. Then if you ever need to reflash because your box is playing up, you just do it with the remote, through the software menu on the fly. Works perfect and no need to even get out of your seat. Software Management > Flash Online/Local > Local. Then navigate to the backup folder and select the root file and you're off. ;)

If using imagemanager in vix it backs up to /hdd wether thats a usb or hdd.
Removing rear would have left it with /hdd mount on front usb.

So basically it will mount to whichever drive is mounted as /hdd.

Hi thanks for the reply, but I'm using ATV 5.1.... I'm just curious now lol... Why it worked the first time correctly but not now

Cool! One tip I will give people is to leave your backup on the rear storage HDD/USB. Then if you ever need to reflash because your box is playing up, you just do it with the remote, through the software menu on the fly. Works perfect and no need to even get out of your seat. Software Management > Flash Online/Local > Local. Then navigate to the backup folder and select the root file and you're off. ;)

Good idea mate, but I'd guess the only downside would be if the system crashed completely as you couldn't set it to force restore on boot?

Back