Back Up Restore on H2S

Macone157

I've tried everything and read various posts but cant get the damn thing to restore
I've backed up an image from my H2S number 1 machine
I unzipped and put a folder called H3 on my USB

In there are 3 files, imageversion, kernel and rootfs (they are displaying as a VLC media file (.bin)

I put USB in front slot on my H2S machine number 2 but nothing happens when I power up from front
Tried back as well but nothing

WHat am I doing wrong please?
Thanks

If you want to USB flash then you will need to format USB and unzip the backup then put the zgemma folder on USB and flash as normal. just got this of forum not from me thereis a search button to look for things

I unzipped and put a folder called H3 on my USB

This won't work !
You must put a folder named 'zgemma' in the root directory of the USB stick and within that folder place the 'H3' folder
with the 3 above named files inside.
Then flash with NO OTHER device in either USB port.

If its a backup & not a flash ready image you wish to transfer to another system of the same make/model, power up the system fully with the backup usb inserted then navigate to it, if using ATV press the BLUE button to bring up the software shortcuts & the go to flash online/local/device to find the backup USB to restore/flash the image.

Last edited:
Not sure what version of openatv you are using but usb flashdrive folder structure should be,
zgemma\h3\
also don't know if still needed but at one time,
(The USB drive must contain a blank text file named backupstick which can be created in notepad)
and in h3 folder change name of file from no force rename this to force.

Back