backing up my pc

lewington

What's the best and easiest way of backing all my programs and content on my pc as i may need to reset it or install another w10 version on it as i can only get internet connection on it when i assign it a certain ip address and it wont work automatically and I'm at my wits end trying to figure it out as all other pcs etc on my home network are fine

i dont think it is. its sly broadband and sly router and dhcp server is ticked in router settings. not sure if that would affect it

I'd try and find a solution before you start afresh as it's a pain in the bum, google/youtube might be your friend.

About the mac binding?

I will try again later but cant see anywere on sly router that i can enable and disable mac address etc

Is it not a driver issue? try going to device manager,select network adapters right click on wifi adapter then update,if That does not work go to your pcs manufacturer website and download the network drivers then unistall the ones on your pc restart the pc then install the ones you downloaded.some times your pc manufacturer has a program you install and it will scan your pc for the right drivers.

What's the best and easiest way of backing all my programs and content on my pc as i may need to reset it or install another w10 version on it as i can only get internet connection on it when i assign it a certain ip address and it wont work automatically and I'm at my wits end trying to figure it out as all other pcs etc on my home network are fine
Perhaps you should go down a different route ? :: I back up my PC to a USB hard drive (WD passport) using Norton system restore.

depending what computer you have start computer f8 or f12 you can google to be certain then you can reinstall and the option is there to save all files exetera so when its done your back to normal but without losing your files

1. search for cmd , right click and run as administrator. type the following commands one at a time (dont include the number commas). that should rest your network stack. reboot and rebinding to tcp/ip should take place.
  2. Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
  3. Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
  4. Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter. (this will stall for a moment)
  5. Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter. (don't restart yet)
  6. Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
if this doesnt work you may have a firewall, antivirus or host file problem. or a hardware problem.

Last edited:
Back