Backup desktop very slow

cactikid

VIP Member
Using an old Dell which takes forever to load w10 as dont use it much but has my scanner and printer.

Could not get Browser to come on or programs to run and wanted to get some junk removed and notice a large number in downloads and wondered do people clean out what they had downloaded.

Pc is up and running so i thought i might make a start in cleaning to start.

If your pc is not switched on much,straight away it will start looking for updates and starts downloading them to install and that will just stop the pc from being able to do anything,ideally the pc wants switching on daily or setting it so the screen switches off after so many hours and the pc left on so it can keep its self up to date.

Might have been a month or so as was needed to scan and print stuff and did wonder if it was updating but nothing seen and cleared plenty in downloads also.

Do you know of any free programs to clear old files and fix issues as removed CCleaner.

You can use the search tab on the taskbar to find out if its updating by typing "check for updates" and you will see what the pc is doing,Adding some more RAM aswell wont hurt either.

Type "Disk Clean-up" into the search tab on the taskbar,as for removing files in the downloads section i just highlight the lot,right click and delete.then empty recycle bin

I dont use programs to clean the Pc if i ever have a problem its Quicker just to reinstall windows,But thats very rare

Cheers will grab it later when on that pc.
if you do not need installer I can just upload the UnCleaner.exe file, installer just installs to C:\Program Files\UnCleaner\UnCleaner.exe I have mines set to autorun at startup

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 1
Back