backup image

lee benson

hi guys iv mad a complete backup image of my box on openatv as it is set to the way i want it,,,,,,,,,

when i made my backup i had 2 folders on there ,,,,but i did have 2 (backupstick.txt) on there so is that how i had 2 folders???

first folder called ,,,,,,,,,,,,,fullbackup-zgemmah2s,,,,inside a folder 205126676678/inside that is zgemma/h3/imageversion/rootfs.bin/nofore/kernal.bin

second folder on there zgemma/h3/imageversion/rootfs.bin/nofore/kernal.bin
so witch one is my backup,,, or are they both the same backups as i had 2 (backupstick.txt)

and how would i flash this backup to my box in the future ,,,,
because i have noticed ,,,,,,,(splash.bin),, file in other backup images on the site like (mtpockets) ones ,,,,,,,,,,,witch is not in my backup?

so do i need this (splash.bin) file for my backup
any info on this guys would be great thanks

Download a fresh copy of Openatv from atv or the zgemma.tv image site then take the kernel.bin from the folder within the date folder on your box and copy it over the top replacing the kernel.bin in the version you just downloaded then copy the whole lot to USB and flash that way....

Your backup image for reflashing is the folder called Zgemma.

The Zgemma folder should contain one folder (h3). The h3 folder should contain 4 files.

The Zgemma folder in both the fullbackup location and Zgemma locations should be the same.

Format the USB to fat32 file system. Copy the Zgemma folder into the USB. Power the box down and insert the USB on the rear. Power the box up. I guess you can do the same with FTP depending on the condition of your box.

Last edited:
To be honest I never looked what was in each folder. I just copy the zgemma folder over to my computer and put it back on a usb stick when needed. I just reflash with that. I always just delete the second dated folder. Maybe I have been doing it wrong, but never had a problem reflashing with just this zgemma folder.

Back