Backup & Restore Zgemma H2s

gewing

Morning All,

Could someone advise how I can backup, and then restore, my ZGemma H2s?
I've taken a full backup then from that backup I've put the Zgemma folder onto a different USB stick.
I then try to do a restore but all it says is "Sorry no backups found"

I'm obviously doing this completely wrong so any help would be great.

Thanks
G

In the zgemma folder there is a folder called h3 in there, theres a folder called no force rename this to force. Turn your box off put the usb in front and turn the box back on, and the display should say flash

Thanks Makido.. works a dream, now, is there anyway that when I take a backup it includes all my plugins?
Ideally I'd love to be able to backup KodiDirect, is this feasible?

Thanks Makido.. works a dream, now, is there anyway that when I take a backup it includes all my plugins?
Ideally I'd love to be able to backup KodiDirect, is this feasible?

Morning guys, yes I'd love to know about this as well. Is there a procedure or link to instructions for a newbie about how to do a full back up. I can see back up under 'software management' ... back up image and backup system settings but more than that I don't know.

Would very much appreciate a step guide how to do a proper back up.....I got burned a couple of days back when I tried update the H.S (said had 57 updates) software and it bombed out. i got it fixed thanks to some great help from the provider but obviously I'd like to prepare better for another time. Many thanks

An image backup creates an exact clone image of your box that you can restore at a later date if you cock things up.
You can also copy the image to your pc for safekeeping and put it on a usb stick to restore from a usb flash if the box fails to boot for any reason.

A settings backup just backs up essential settings such as menu choices, bouquets etc so that you can flash a new image and restore your basic settings.
It will not restore skins and things like that.

If you go into advanced settings you can add additional files to the backup such as skins, plugins, lines, changed python files, picons.
If you spend some time configuring your backup settings you can flash a brand new image and restore everything to how it was before.

Many thanks Millo3092, is perfectly clear, very helpful and a good way to go. Will be doing this this afternoon.

That said your last comment about plugins, lines, python files picons is voodoo to me. Is there an article or section that explains what that stuff is? Keen to learn.

Thanks for your help with the important back up elements...I'm confident to do that now. Cheers

Anything you've added to the internal flash can be backed up. You just need to familiarise yourself with the locations of things in the file structure of the box.
It also depends on whether you're using ViX or ATV. Google is very useful for this.

For example, on ATV if you backup /usr/keys this will backup your line.
Skins are in /usr/share/enigma2/
Plugins are in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/

Many thanks Millo3092, is perfectly clear, very helpful and a good way to go. Will be doing this this afternoon.

That said your last comment about plugins, lines, python files picons is voodoo to me. Is there an article or section that explains what that stuff is? Keen to learn.

Thanks for your help with the important back up elements...I'm confident to do that now. Cheers

Have a read through this post http://www.techkings.org/general-satellite-discussion/93169-general-satellite-terminology.html it should help you with some of the terminology but willo has pretty much covered it

Back