Banish New Program Message

moh

Deleted, at user's request.
If you install a lot of programs on your Windows PC you will know only too well that it has an extremely annoying habit of telling you, that you’ve just installed a new program… To get rid of that irritating announcement all you have to do is right-click onto an empty area of the Task bar, select Properties then the Start Menu tab and click the Customize button. Next click the Advanced tab and deselect the item ‘Highlight newly installed programs’ and click OK and it will never bother you again.

Last edited:
If you install a lot of programs on your Windows PC you will know only too well that it has an extremely annoying habit of telling you, that you’ve just installed a new program… To get rid of that irritating announcement all you have to do is right-click onto an empty area of the Task bar, select Properties then the Start Menu tab and click the Customize button. Next click the Advanced tab and deselect the item ‘Highlight newly installed programs’ and click OK and it will never bother you again.

Right, apologies posted this in the wrong thread so if a mod would oblige and move it thanks....(y)

It is an annoying little feature isn't it moh? :hammer:

-

It's almost as annoying as the UAC feature in Vista.

I'm glad you said "Almost"

UAC is by far the worst.....

Just in case you don't know 7th? You can use this to deal with that little critter.

Tweak UAC for Vista (Free) allows you to run the UAC in "Quite Mode". Basically this means that you still maintain the full protection of UAC without the annoying POP Up asking for your permission everytime you want to sneeze.

Download:

Note that if you turn UAC off or switch it to operate in the “quiet” mode, Vista starts displaying a warning message in its taskbar. You can turn that message off, though: double-click on the shield icon in the taskbar to open Windows Security Centre. Then click on the “Change the way Security Centre alerts me” link, in the left panel. Finally, choose one of the “Don’t notify me” options.

-

Oh yeah, i disabled it then disabled the notification as well.

I have read about the quiet mode but haven't personally tried it.

And i definately agree that UAC is by far more annoying. Hands down. No contest.

Oh yeah, i disabled it then disabled the notification as well.

I have read about the quiet mode but haven't personally tried it.

And i definately agree that UAC is by far more annoying. Hands down. No contest.

To be honest 7th, disabling it is fine for anyone with the smallest bit of savvy.

There was never a need for it but MS being MS decided they would legislate for fools & look where that got them with Vista.

-

To be honest 7th, disabling it is fine for anyone with the smallest bit of savvy

Hence my complete lack of hesitation on disabling both on both machines just as fast as i could. lol

Back