Battlefield 1943 takes five million virtual lives on day one

homesick

VIP Member
TK Supporter
by David Hinkle { 7 hours ago }

Battlefield 1943 was an instant hit. We know this because we could barely play for the first few days the game was available. That didn't stop others, however, who managed to get into games and get with the killing. DICE's Gordon Van Dyke recently left an update on the official game forums, stating that players managed to get over five million kills on the game's first day of release. We imagine over half of those were people who had no business being in that airplane to begin with.

Oh, and for you kids keeping count and anxiously awaiting the new Coral Sea map, it looks like it'll be available sometime this week on Xbox 360. PS3 players will likely have to wait a while, as they're lagging behind big time in the kills.

[Via VG247]

From - http://xbox.joystiq.com/

i played this the other day and i wasn't a big fan of it, however i was impressed with the graphics of it, being it is an arcade game!

just bought it myself over the weekend, id agree with what you say, planes are very hard to control, boats off the carriers are cool, tanks not too bad but machine gun soldiers, trying to get a kill, its just like spray and pray!

Back