BBC Iplayer

darlobill

Hello this is my first question on here. I have a Zgemma h9s se for a couple of weeks and i have been trying to use BBc iplayer on e2istreamer. If i do a search on it for programmes comes up with nothing , or if i go into categories it finds nothng sometimes . On my old humax freesat box downstairs they are all there and working as they should. I was wondering if there was something i'm doing wrong with e2istreamer. If thats not possible is there a web browser i could set up on it and access the iplayer that way. I have a uk ip number and a acoount with bbc iplayer.

thanks in advance

Bill

Remove e2istream from plugins,green button then red,extensions click on e2isream and wait,reboot box and then green button,green again,extensions then e2iplayer.Reboot box.
BBC iPlayer works here.

default settings as advised by Maxbambi

The preferred update server = Gitlab
Select Gitlab repository owner = maxbambi
Update packet type = with source code (some members do select all types)
Use the PyCurl for HTTP(S) requests = yes

Last edited:
E2iplayer only works with a VPN with most boxes/ regions/ internet providers.
It makes no sense as to who or where it's going to work or not.
General rule is, if it's not working, you need a VPN.
To check, open The Series repository and try to open something, if you can, it doesn't need a VPN, if you get an error, it will be useless without one

Thanks for the advice. Bigwig21 when i look through the downloadble plugins there isn't a e2iplayer only e2istream. I am on wooshbuild i don't know if it's different for that.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. Bigwig21 when i look through the downloadble plugins there isn't a e2iplayer only e2istream. I am on wooshbuild i don't know if it's different for that.

Thanks
What version of openatv are you using?
it should have version number in menu-information-about

Ok . There is 9 plugins and it's not there. Is there another way i could side load it in. Or should i start the whole openatv a fresh. Flash it. cheers
Yes but you might be wiser to use Grogbuild Freerange as wooshbuild hasn't been supported for a few years

E2iplayer only works with a VPN with most boxes/ regions/ internet providers.
It makes no sense as to who or where it's going to work or not.
General rule is, if it's not working, you need a VPN.
To check, open The Series repository and try to open something, if you can, it doesn't need a VPN, if you get an error, it will be useless without one
mine only used to work with vpn pabblo my network settings were the google 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 but when i got my new box i didnt set the name servers to the google just left as normal and now for some reason i dont need a vpn

Ok pabloescaban I think i could give it a go . Is Grogbuild still active and is that what you use. I'll have a look for a tutorial for installing it.

Cheers

mine only used to work with vpn pabblo my network settings were the google 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 but when i got my new box i didnt set the name servers to the google just left as normal and now for some reason i dont need a vpn
mine wont work no matter what I set DNS to, only worked with VPN altough others can get it to work without.
Ok pabloescaban I think i could give it a go . Is Grogbuild still active and is that what you use. I'll have a look for a tutorial for installing it.

Cheers
Yes Grogbuild is active and well maintained, it's what I use, takes about 15-20 minutes to flash.

You need an initialised usb in the box, then use openwebif to send the command line, answer a few questions on screen and it installs automatically using today's version of openatv

Pablo do i have to remove woosh first or will the grog build do it for me.
You don't remove anything, just make sure that you have an initialised usb in the box.
Also if you have IPTV or satellite lines, you'll need to have a copy of these to re-add after flashing.
It will ask if you want to save the sat line but it won't save IPTV lines

Hey Pablo, i saw that the version of E2iplayer on Grogbuild looked the same as the one on wooshbuild. I found out it was by maxbambi. I was able to overwite the maxbambi version onto the wooshbuild so i can use either one.

Do you have a recommdention for a android flash that works.

Cheers

Back