Been away for 2 years. What did i miss?!

Goonerfan

I have a zgemma satellie box, i had a line on that got me all the sky channels and box office etc.
That subscription ran out and i hadn’t really used my box since.
Now i’m thinking i would like to get all the sky channels back again but i did some googling and there seemed to be problems in 2017 of sky cracking down on it and some people saying card sharing was dead.
So i was just wondering what the current state of play was?

I have a zgemma satellie box, i had a line on that got me all the sky channels and box office etc.
That subscription ran out and i hadn’t really used my box since.
Now i’m thinking i would like to get all the sky channels back again but i did some googling and there seemed to be problems in 2017 of sky cracking down on it and some people saying card sharing was dead.
So i was just wondering what the current state of play was?

Most of the channels on sat are still there, minus the sky sports and sky movies.
All the channels are still on cable if you live in a cabled area, but there's 8 HD sports channels missing, all the SD sports are intact
IPTV is also an option if you can find a decent supplier

Not much left on satellite cardshare, everything but hd sports are still on cable although cable may not have that long left if you believe the rumours.

Not much just to add got beat to it that iptv seems to have replaced sat now and cable still going just.

VM is more stable, but IPTV has improved massively over the last year, and good providers still had a full HD package for sports, also VOD.

The other issue is even if you did get a sat sub for slyuk for just the remaining channel well a lot of the providers have given up on it so they do not even pay for most of the extras so it is just the bare channels that come in standard bundle.

One of my friends encountered this he kept going on about uk adult channels which at the time not sure now some still worked but no provider he or I could find pays for that package.

The other issue is even if you did get a sat sub for slyuk for just the remaining channel well a lot of the providers have given up on it so they do not even pay for most of the extras so it is just the bare channels that come in standard bundle.

One of my friends encountered this he kept going on about uk adult channels which at the time not sure now some still worked but no provider he or I could find pays for that package.

The 'adult' channels, Playboy, Readers Wives etc are all seperate subscriptions that sky/virgin clients can take.
You won't find them on any cable or sat servers for three reasons:
1) they are far too expensive and not popular enough to warrant paying for.
2) they don't show anything stronger than what you can see on P7 of the Star
3) because of points 1 & 2, they are a waste of resources and bandwidth

The 'adult' channels, Playboy, Readers Wives etc are all seperate subscriptions that sky/virgin clients can take.

I clearly explained that channels not apart of bundle most providers have dropped
Plenty offer them on cable but they are clearly reshares and they used to be on sat as well
what does if they show anything strong have anything to do with it nothing some people like that style otherwise the channels wouldn't exist.

depends really on what you like to watch, majority of the channels I like to watch on sat survived the blocking of channels so I'm still watching them, for sky movies and sports I just use cable with a line, if cable eventually goes I'm switching to iptv and I know of one which is fairly stable so will switch to that if in the future cable goes, the adult channels I never watched them due to the fact its just simulated softcore crap which is like wrestling matches = not real, you'd be better of downloading modbro on a android device and looking through the foreign playboy channels and watch the better stuff than the watered down crap they show on uk tv.

You might be able to find some of these if you have a motorised dish or fixed dish on different satellite with a euroline.

It's your choice but IPTV is pretty good now with the right provider and has way more channels than satellite or cable and you get VOD.

Back