beer thread- whats your favourite

Like my Guinness but had to give it up as my it was doing bad things to my innards...has to be bulmers now

Has to be a bulmers Light, cause the more i drink the more weight I loose well thats my excuse :grin:, or a bud shandy ( see i add 7up to everything else, bud, wine) lol

just seen these in Lidl for next week.

my new favourite could be Grafenwalder Hefe Weissier @ 5%.
[as they call it 'an essential item for the discerning party host']

No idea what it tastes like but it's only 10.99 for a 5 litre barrel.

An alternative for the non beer drinker is the pils @ 4.8%
[as they call it 'a must for every barbecue party']

Anyone know if these a worth a punt?

:cheers::cheers:

We got one of these, they had the weiss beer and the pils, so we tried the pils, it was grand :)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Lets see...

domestic, Most of the Sam Adams line (Boston Brewing Co), New Belguim (Fat Tire, Trippel, and seasonals), Ommegang, Breckenridge Christmas Ale & seasonals, Goose Island Pere Jaques, Blue Moon...

imported, La Trappe Quadruppel, Guinness, Newcastle (the first beer I ever liked), Belhaven, Chimay Blue, Makesson Cream Stout (probably spelled wrong, but...)

and many many more (need I say I like beer with flavor and character).

and just in case anyone's interested.. and will be in the Denver area the 24th-26th of September... Its the "Great American Beer Festival" the largest beer tasting event in the world.. over 400 brewers and 2000 beers to taste. And, how do I know so much about this you ask (other than living here in Denver)... I just happen to run the largest volunteer "brew crew" (the folks who pour 'and taste') the samples at the GABF... and volunteer registration is now open.. If anyone's interested, I'll post the info.

:cheers:

Ever tried "home-brewed" root beer??? They even have that at the GABF (and some really good micro-brewed versions... Tommyknocker, Henry Weinhard and others). Not a big root beer fan, but Henry's is to die for!!!

hmm hard one ok root beer.hard to get.

Zaph is a member here too, if you go to his profile page, click on his statistics, you can see what posts he has made. :)

I'm gonna have to try this Stella i keep hearing about.

Don't look at price if you find it. :) Yoos a cheapy BEER buyer. ROFL.

I think it was Joleca that posted about the Denver thingy... I'm considering going since my wife's family lives in Denver and Colorado Springs. :grin:

Beer for me is Fat Tire, New Castle, Bud American Ale, and Foster's (at the OUTBACK) and then it's Blended Canadian Whiskey after that.. L0L ... But this is the BEER thread so I'll stop there. :)

Smithwicks will cure what ale's ya!!!

Rare breed us smithwicks drinkers, but once i get a good pint in a pub, i aint leavin!

Don't look at price if you find it. :) Yoos a cheapy BEER buyer. ROFL.

I think it was Joleca that posted about the Denver thingy... I'm considering going since my wife's family lives in Denver and Colorado Springs. :grin:

Beer for me is Fat Tire, New Castle, Bud American Ale, and Foster's (at the OUTBACK) and then it's Blended Canadian Whiskey after that.. L0L ... But this is the BEER thread so I'll stop there. :)

Yes, typically i'm a cheap beer drinker. But i have no problem buying the "good stuff" once in a while.

BTW, i'm also enjoying Bud American Ale. That's some good beer.

Guilty as charged :loco: But if you like good beer, you really should go (especially if you're going to be in Denver)..

if you're interested, here's the link to the website..

http://www.greatamericanbeerfestival.com

This year its September 24-26, and of course if anyone's going to be in the area and wants to volunteer, I love to have you sign up for my team..

:cheers:

Last edited:
Back