beer thread- whats your favourite

Me and my mate tried making home brew bitter when we were teenagers. Got all the ingredients mixed up put it in the big white bucket with a lid on and put it in his wardrobe. Wrapped it up in his dads cricket teams fancy jumpers and left it to ferment. Went back to check it a week later and the lid had blown off due to the pressure and ruined 12 expensive cricket jumpers. Got bollocked and started buying beer instead.

Anybody still brew their own Beer/wine.. or rate this bit of kit..
The Pinter review: The 'Nespresso of beer' makes home brewing staggeringly easy
I was thinking of buying one of these,pretty expensive to start,but then the brew kits are cheap enough,but downside is they only do 10 pints at a time,so would need a min of 4 to start brewing one first 2 have brewed. 10 pints would be no good to me on a weekend... but for someone who only has 2 or 3 each night on a weekend would be fine but still need 2.

I used to do a lot when I was young and had no money.
I used to make lager and bitter, it all tasted like boiled shit but it was quite strong.
Used to do 40 pint batches and used to bottle one batch and put the next in a rotakeg so there was always beer to drink and one or two batches brewing.
Went onto making wine after that.
Bear in mind take home beer was a rarity back then, no off license shops and supermarkets hadn't cottoned onto the idea of selling ale apart from 'party seven' tins containing 7 pints of sticky fluid that usually ended up on the ceiling when you knocked a six inch nail through the top as there was no other way of opening them.

I used to do a lot when I was young and had no money.
I used to make lager and bitter, it all tasted like boiled shit but it was quite strong.
Used to do 40 pint batches and used to bottle one batch and put the next in a rotakeg so there was always beer to drink and one or two batches brewing.
Went onto making wine after that.
Bear in mind take home beer was a rarity back then, no off license shops and supermarkets hadn't cottoned onto the idea of selling ale apart from 'party seven' tins containing 7 pints of sticky fluid that usually ended up on the ceiling when you knocked a six inch nail through the top as there was no other way of opening them.
I was thinking of doing that as well, but nowhere to stand 40 bottles :)

Used to be Boddingtons back in the day when it was brewed in their own brewery before they closed it and sold out to a multi national, now just ordinary, best bitter about for me is Holts still brewed in their own brewery

I only really drink cider now, don't mind a few pints of Guinness in summer but it goes down like water.
I like Newcy Brown but I'm convinced there's some kind of halucagenic in it, it's no stronger than cider but after 5 I'm ratarsed so I don't drink it now

I only really drink cider now, don't mind a few pints of Guinness in summer but it goes down like water.
I like Newcy Brown but I'm convinced there's some kind of halucagenic in it, it's no stronger than cider but after 5 I'm ratarsed so I don't drink it now
Yes don't mind cider myself especially when weathers warm, got a case of Bulmers last week from Sainsburys £7 for a case of 8 x 500 mill bottles, thats not far of a pint for less than a pound, drank loads of Newcy Brown back in the day but like you, not now!!

Newcy brown has to be served at perfect temp,to warm and its vomiting gear,to cold and goes as flat as a fart,and if drank out of a glass, it has to be a half glass regularly topped up, unless you want to drink straight from neck 😁

Newcy brown has to be served at perfect temp,to warm and its vomiting gear,to cold and goes as flat as a fart,and if drank out of a glass, it has to be a half glass regularly topped up, unless you want to drink straight from neck 😁
I like my cider ice cold and as flat as a doctor's note.
Can't stand gassy beer, a quick stir up gets rid of most of the unnecessary gas.
If it gets inside me it finds its way out at inopportune moments

Back