Best box for an asbolute newb

Hi guys,
Been looking at getting my first receiver box, just moved into a new house that has a sky dish already installed and I'm hoping to use a sat box with it. I've never used one before and the miraclebox premium looks like an absolute doddle to use (seems to be almost plug and play) but I'm put off by the £130 price tag. I like the idea of getting a clone from china (there's a lot around the £35-40 mark) and trying my hand at one of them (i dont mind if it dies after a year) but I'm wondering out of all the chinese ones, which is the easiest to set-up and use (and how much needs to be done to keep it updated/running)?

Thanks

Hi guys,
Been looking at getting my first receiver box, just moved into a new house that has a sky dish already installed and I'm hoping to use a sat box with it. I've never used one before and the miraclebox premium looks like an absolute doddle to use (seems to be almost plug and play) but I'm put off by the £130 price tag. I like the idea of getting a clone from china (there's a lot around the £35-40 mark) and trying my hand at one of them (i dont mind if it dies after a year) but I'm wondering out of all the chinese ones, which is the easiest to set-up and use (and how much needs to be done to keep it updated/running)?

Thanks
Skybox f5s is a doddle to set-up and if you're just interested in watching tv it's totally fine. It gets a lot of bad press here but for what it costs it's a great box. The epg, recording etc is poor but it depends how important that is to you. I have recently upgraded to a cloud ibox 2+, which takes a bit of setting up but is a significant improvement for a small price.

and chinese boxes can brick and post back to china ??consider that.

you said best box vu solo2 but not cheap

I have Sky f5 and for the money it is brill. However we are using the upstairs as I wouldnt lose the sky plus box we have downstairs just yet as the menu and record is a lot to lose.
If you buy a better box with record function on let me know as I will look for one later on

F5s all day long.. They are cheap, easy to set up and got all the channels including 3 pm sat premier league games..!

F5s is a great intro box, gets you all the channels but also gets you interested in seeing what else is out there with a better epg, recording functions, plugins etc

Back