Best box for recording multiple channels

Hi all.

I've finally admitted that the old h2s is no longer worth the constant hassle it gives with IPTV and am looking for a new box.

Specifically, I need a box that can record while watching another channel as well as give me vod and catch up.

Not fussed about 4k really, or even WiFi connectivity as it sits next to the router so can hardwire.

Really just want something that's got the guts to deal with the recording requirements and doesn't freeze every 5 minutes like the current e2 pain in the ass!

Thanks all....

Hi all.

I've finally admitted that the old h2s is no longer worth the constant hassle it gives with IPTV and am looking for a new box.

Specifically, I need a box that can record while watching another channel as well as give me vod and catch up.

Not fussed about 4k really, or even WiFi connectivity as it sits next to the router so can hardwire.

Really just want something that's got the guts to deal with the recording requirements and doesn't freeze every 5 minutes like the current e2 pain in the ass!

Thanks all....
What is it you want to record, Satellite ?? iptv ?? Lot of factors come into play here for the correct setup. You want what i use :mask: Quad sat tuner, Built in hard drive- LCD screen so can view whats on. I have it rigged up to a motorised dish and handles multi IPTV subs with ease. Xtend ET 8500 which allows changeable tuners.

Hi all.

Thanks all....

Before jumping into buying a box why not reflash your device and try a different setup and supplier. Plenty people use the H2S for IPTV without issue.

Before jumping into buying a box why not reflash your device and try a different setup and supplier. Plenty people use the H2S for IPTV without issue.
Not for multiple recording on iptv. Box is not up to that.

What is it you want to record, Satellite ?? iptv ?? Lot of factors come into play here for the correct setup. You want what i use :mask: Quad sat tuner, Built in hard drive- LCD screen so can view whats on. I have it rigged up to a motorised dish and handles multi IPTV subs with ease. Xtend ET 8500 which allows changeable tuners.

Purely IPTV for us. Got a 4 channel sub so am able to do it from that point of view.

That's quite a box you're running there, does it handle multiple channel recording well?

How reliable is recording on iptv with an enigma 2 box got 2 lines and i thought that it was not very reliable never really tried so just wonder what i need

How reliable is recording on iptv with an enigma 2 box got 2 lines and i thought that it was not very reliable never really tried so just wonder what i need
Recording IPTV is never going to be reliable or stable, results will vary to some degree determined by the quality of service from your provider, your bandwidth, spec of your equipment etc....but even if you have the very best of all of these, you will be disappointed. I often set recordings for late night sporting events & for the most part, they are rarely uninterrupted, but acceptable.

Back