Best Cricket Matches and moments

channelking

Similar to other threads I made in regards to other sports.

Not sure if any cricket fans on here not come across many lol.

I love all formats but most of all test cricket as that is the pinnacle of the sport.

Without a doubt in my mind still to this day the 2005 ashes series is for me imo the best ever test series I have ever witnessed. No one gave england a chance against the mighty Australia but how they performed through the 5 tests to win the ashes was something you cant forget. Can remember teachers have the test matches on at school as in 2005 this test series really pushed cricket as the sport to watch that year.

Full highlights from all 5 matches if anyone interested.

Greatest match in the history of the cricket world cup.

England were awesome throughout that campaign. But lets be honest they had the match lost on a few occasions in the final lol. But luck prevailed and finally won their first ever world cup.

England had the final and match won. But phenomenal performance by Braithwaite in the last over.

What a match this was

Modern brand of cricket from England

In his prime one of the most devastating hitters the sport has ever seen.

Arguably the best rivalry in cricket and arguably sport. Billions watch when these two teams play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ye that was another classic tbf.

England have always been average on one day games until after 2015 where they completely changed their mindset and game.

Ye that was another classic tbf.

England have always been average on one day games until after 2015 where they completely changed their mindset and game.

Since Captain Morgan. As a England fan this is probably the lowest.

Oh let's not forget Ireland beating us too in the World Cup 2011. And Bangladesh knocking us out 2015 lol.

I forgot about this. Was one crazy last over.

Since Captain Morgan. As a England fan this is probably the lowest.

Oh let's not forget Ireland beating us too in the World Cup 2011. And Bangladesh knocking us out 2015 lol.

Ye awful performances mate.

But that was all before the new "revolution" he brought.

No question Morgan is our greatest one day captain. No one comes close.

Ye awful performances mate.

But that was all before the new "revolution" he brought.

No question Morgan is our greatest one day captain. No one comes close.

100% I think he's the Greatest ODI captain ever. When he took over we were Poor. Worst than Bangladesh, then we went on a crazy Run. I understand other Captains have won more however what Morgan has done has been great. Other Captains have always Captained Great Sides. Such as Ponting, Sachin. However England were absolutely shocking. Morgan made us a force. Everyone is scared of us these days.

Ye he has built a scary scary team.

Balance is amazing in the team now.

And we have quality all through.

One day and t20 teams are awesome.

Worrying for me is the test team. We are still behind India and Australia in test cricket.

Ye he has built a scary scary team.

Balance is amazing in the team now.

And we have quality all through.

One day and t20 teams are awesome.

Worrying for me is the test team. We are still behind India and Australia in test cricket.

I agree. England are strange. A few years back England were number 1 at tests. Back when India and Austrialia used to dominate they dominated all formats. England is normally one or the other. Not that they're bad at tests on there day they can be superb it's consistency.

Ye it is.

Not sure how test championship will work now.

They may need to restart it and actually make it fairer.

India run cricket lets be honest. They get away with too much because money they make compared to the rest. So seems they control alot of things how many tests they play and especially at home.

Ye it is.

Not sure how test championship will work now.

They may need to restart it and actually make it fairer.

India run cricket lets be honest. They get away with too much because money they make compared to the rest. So seems they control alot of things how many tests they play and especially at home.
In
India are only home track bullies though. They never really do much outside of India.

TBF they won the series in Australia and South Africa so arguably at the moment best side home and away.

My second team is Pakistan for obvious reasons lol.

Man how that great country in this sport have fallen. They are bloody awful. Politics at the top has ruined cricket in that country.

I still have hope one of the best ever all rounders in Imran Khan can actually sort the s*itstorm over there.

Yes mate on of my Favorite england players. Class above.

But boy he was drunk most of the time. Especially on the victory parade on the bus guy was truly pi*sed :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

He was a character for sure.

Miss Peterson though. Arguably our greatest play ever and career cut short because of s*um like Stauss who was jealous of him.

He should have been part of Englands team for some more years. Travesty in my eyes.

He was a character for sure.

Miss Peterson though. Arguably our greatest play ever and career cut short because of s*um like Stauss who was jealous of him.

He should have been part of Englands team for some more years. Travesty in my eyes.

True to some extent. Strauss was a great captain too. So was Vaughn and Nas.

Back