WooshBuild Best enigma 2 box to get for both sattelite and iptv

angosmyth

I currently have a technomate tm-nano-t3 box with wooshbuild on it. The satellite channels work well but for some reason the box will reboot once a day. I am also running iptv on the box with the one4all plugin. The iptv works but the channels freeze allot. I use the same iptv on my Amazon fire tv cube and it works smoothly. So my question is, I want to upgrade to a new smoother box that will run satellite and iptv smoothly. What is the best one that I can buy? I've been looking at the newer Vu+, gigablue, zgemma edision and technomate boxes but just not sure which is the best / smoothest one. Can anyone recommend a box to purchase. I want to get a new one this week. Thanks for your help

Wooshbuild is no longer supported and if you want to use the All4one plugin you're limited to Grogbuild on ATV 6.4.
The Gigablue UE UHD 4K is a great box. Just as good as a Vu+ imho for less money. It also has FBC tuners in case you upgrade your LNB to Unicable II in the future.

If you need a budget option and you dont mind an external HDD/USB for recording, look at the Octagon SF8008 twin.

Fully agree with willo though the UE is a cracking box i also have one and can not fault it.

If you need a budget option and you dont mind an external HDD/USB for recording, look at the Octagon SF8008 twin.

Fully agree with willo though the UE is a cracking box i also have one and can not fault it.
Thanks for the info. Apart from the price is there much of a difference between the octagon sf8008 twin and the gigablue ue UHD?
I'm new enough to this kind of thing. I put wooshbuild on my last box. What is the best/newest equivalent thing to wooshbuild to put on my new box when I get it to have it running smoothly? Thanks again for your help

There is mate.

The Octagon is a very capable box for SAT and IPTV but speed wise it is a little behind the UE that does not make it slow though. The Octagon has no FBC tuners or Internal HDD support but has a SD slot the UE does not. It only has half the ram at 1gb of the UE. The Octagon has a large flash for multibooting images which is very handy The UE has this also. The Octagon also has built in Wifi over the UE.

Ive both boxes and the big UE feature for me is with the virtual FBC tuners 8 tuners in total with a Unicable lnb the recording option are beyond what anyone would need. The UE also has a spare tuner slot should you need to add one.

If you want a build wooshbuild is dead really youve a choice of Willobuild and Grogbuild

There is mate.

The Octagon is a very capable box for SAT and IPTV but speed wise it is a little behind the UE that does not make it slow though. The Octagon has no FBC tuners or Internal HDD support but has a SD slot the UE does not. It only has half the ram at 1gb of the UE. The Octagon has a large flash for multibooting images which is very handy The UE has this also. The Octagon also has built in Wifi over the UE.

Ive both boxes and the big UE feature for me is with the virtual FBC tuners 8 tuners in total with a Unicable lnb the recording option are beyond what anyone would need. The UE also has a spare tuner slot should you need to add one.

If you want a build wooshbuild is dead really youve a choice of Willobuild and Grogbuild
That's great info. Thanks very much for you help. I think I'll go with the gigablue 👍

My system includes 4 x Zgemma H9 Combo boxes running OpenATV 6.4 firmware, WooshBuild Infinity build, SKyNEW skin
All boxes are connected via Satellite MultiSwitch to 4 Satellites 13.0E, 19.2E, 23.5E, 28.2E & Terrestrial Aerial
All boxes are connected to Broadband via Ethernet Switch for IPTV using All4One & JediMaker Xtream, with ServiceApp & QuarterPounder for best performance
This system has served me well to date, but will upgrade if and when necessary

My system includes 4 x Zgemma H9 Combo boxes running OpenATV 6.4 firmware, WooshBuild Infinity build, SKyNEW skin
All boxes are connected via Satellite MultiSwitch to 4 Satellites 13.0E, 19.2E, 23.5E, 28.2E & Terrestrial Aerial
All boxes are connected to Broadband via Ethernet Switch for IPTV using All4One & JediMaker Xtream, with ServiceApp & QuarterPounder for best performance
This system has served me well to date, but will upgrade if and when necessary
Might find you will need to when all support for python 2 plugins stop

Back