Best Gaming PC ?

Depends what budget u got mine i7 4th gen 16gig ram 2tb nividia graphics card dont game on it but should play most games

The cheapest way is to build it yourself, your looking at a powerful CPU, plenty of RAM running a top end graphics card all attached to a high-end motherboard, doing it yourself you can reduce the cost on other parts like lower-end sound card if your not that bothered for pitch perfect sound, you can also get a low cost case as long as you make sure its got plenty of cooling to keep your kit running. run a low cost CD/DVDrom drive too and a low size hard drive but make sure you get a SSD hard drive as this will be quicker than a normal drive.

New gaming rig... :-) :-) :-)

The cheapest way is to build it yourself, your looking at a powerful CPU, plenty of RAM running a top end graphics card all attached to a high-end motherboard, doing it yourself you can reduce the cost on other parts like lower-end sound card if your not that bothered for pitch perfect sound, you can also get a low cost case as long as you make sure its got plenty of cooling to keep your kit running. run a low cost CD/DVDrom drive too and a low size hard drive but make sure you get a SSD hard drive as this will be quicker than a normal drive.

Hi Blackwidow, I am in the process of building a gaming rig myself at the moment, as my Asus laptop is starting to struggle with some of the games i play on it. Was wondering what any of the TechKings members think of my build then. Items i have already purchased...

Hi Blackwidow, I am in the process of building a gaming rig myself at the moment, as my Asus laptop is starting to struggle with some of the games i play on it. Was wondering what any of the TechKings members think of my build then. Items i have already purchased...

What is the max budget you have?
Monitor type?
Games you want to play?

Your build is classed as low end which is why it appears cheap.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX 750Ti FTW with ACX Cooling 1189MHz (Boost 1268MHz) 5400MHz 2GB 128-bit GDDR5 HDMI DVI-I DP PCI-E Graphics Card

depending on what games, screen & resolution size you want to play but Id say your graphics card is the weakest component for gaming & would look towards getting a better card

EVGA NVIDIA GTX 750Ti FTW with ACX Cooling 1189MHz (Boost 1268MHz) 5400MHz 2GB 128-bit GDDR5 HDMI DVI-I DP PCI-E Graphics Card

depending on what games, screen & resolution size you want to play but Id say your graphics card is the weakest component for gaming & would look towards getting a better card

Hello guys, many thanks for all your input then, and totally agree that I 7 and 32 gb totally unnecessary for gaming. And as to the graphics card i choose, its all down to cash my friends, and trying to keep cost to the minimum, as i am working to a very tight budget.

Hello guys, many thanks for all your input then, and totally agree that I 7 and 32 gb totally unnecessary for gaming. And as to the graphics card i choose, its all down to cash my friends, and trying to keep cost to the minimum, as i am working to a very tight budget.

I would suggest going second hand a 7950 which is almost double performance wise can be had for like £60 the current card is far too weak even for someone on low budget.

With the £50 saving from graphics card put that towards an ssd or jump to I5 intel.

If new is only option I would choose this for under £500 which will destroy what you have put together

Intel Core i3-6100 3.70GHz (Skylake) Socket LGA1151 Processor
Gigabyte H110M-S2H Intel H110 (Socket 1151) DDR4 Micro ATX Motherboard
Team Group Elite 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 PC4-19200C16 2400MHz Dual Channel Kit
Crucial BX200 240GB SSD SATA 6Gbps Solid State Drive (CT240BX200SSD1)
Super Flower Golden Green HX 550W "80 Plus Gold" Power Supply
Fractal Design Core 1500 Micro-ATX Case
HIS Radeon R9 380X IceQ X2 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card (H380XQM4CR)

I wouldn't be so sure about that anymore. BF4 amongst many of the up coming games are taking advantage of CPUs like the i7. As for 32GB, christ why in the world would you even suggest that?!

I would suggest going second hand a 7950 which is almost double performance wise can be had for like £60 the current card is far too weak even for someone on low budget.

With the £50 saving from graphics card put that towards an ssd or jump to I5 intel.

If new is only option I would choose this for under £500 which will destroy what you have put together

Intel Core i3-6100 3.70GHz (Skylake) Socket LGA1151 Processor
Gigabyte H110M-S2H Intel H110 (Socket 1151) DDR4 Micro ATX Motherboard
Team Group Elite 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 PC4-19200C16 2400MHz Dual Channel Kit
Crucial BX200 240GB SSD SATA 6Gbps Solid State Drive (CT240BX200SSD1)
Super Flower Golden Green HX 550W "80 Plus Gold" Power Supply
Fractal Design Core 1500 Micro-ATX Case
HIS Radeon R9 380X IceQ X2 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card (H380XQM4CR)

Hi mortmaru, thanks for the info on the parts you have suggested, and will certainly look into checking
said parts out with the view of upgrading to a better system then.....

had this for about a year and a half and it cost me about £360 to do

• Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H VGA DVI HDMI 7.1 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
    • 4 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports. (2 ports on the back, 2 on the front)
    • 1 x HDMI port, supporting 1920 x 1200 resolution
    • VGA & DVI port
    • 3 x audio jacks (Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
  • Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz Processor
  • Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz memory (RAM)
  • Seagate 500GB 6Gb/s Barracuda Hard Drive 7200RPM
  • Coolermaster Elite 430 All Black Case With Elite 500W PSU
    geforce gtx 750.

not the best in the world but yet to get a game that i cant play.
    black ops 3 no issues
    fifa 16 no issues
    bf4 no issues
    world of tanks no issues.
    you can also use Can You RUN It | Can I run that game | Game system requirements to check that your rig can runa game before you waste money ;)

Last edited:
Back