Best Satellite TV Receiver(s) for a Fixed Multi-Sat Dish with 8 LNBs?

panorama93

TK Veteran
Currently in London I have a 1.1m Dish with 4 LNBs receiving 13E 19E 23.5E & 28.2E via a Multi-switch to a Zgemma H.2S box. However it looks like the H.2S box cannot receive more than 4 Satellites configured A,B,C,D. If I increase the number of LNBs from 4 to 8 what Receiver(s) can be configured for 8 Satellites from a fixed dish?

Not sure but only 4 sats sounds wrong as with a solo2 gives many names of sats to use with a motorised control,wave toroidal dish can have many lnbs and should be able for any sat receiver.I would assume each tuner would have a diseqc fitted to allow multiple feeds.Others can advise more on this.

I have a Formuler F1 and an Edision OSmini , both can cascade Diseqc switches
a Multi switch is NOT the same as a Diseqc switch, I assume you mean Diseqc switch,,,,,,

No, I have a PMSE Multi-Switch 17/16 HQ NT Model View attachment 37577 that distributes signals from 4 satellites & terrestrial to 8 outlets.
Ok, so that is a multiswitch,
AFAIAA you will not be able to cascade that.
My multiswitch has VH VL HH and HL inputs from 28e using a quattro LNB, distributed through my house, my other LNBs are through DISEQC and only go to specified points, you will need a bigger (more sat input multiswitch),
I'm sure my box will do 16input sat, will check tomorrow when I get home.

Ok, so that is a multiswitch,
AFAIAA you will not be able to cascade that.
My multiswitch has VH VL HH and HL inputs from 28e using a quattro LNB, distributed through my house, my other LNBs are through DISEQC and only go to specified points, you will need a bigger (more sat input multiswitch),
I'm sure my box will do 16input sat, will check tomorrow when I get home.
Thanks steptoe, I know that I would need to replace my current 17/16 multiswitch with a bigger 33/12 multiswitch for 8 satellites, like this: http://emp-centauri.cz/index.php?lang=en&page=prodview&id_kateg=1&id_pkateg=15&id=75 My question is what boxes can be configured for 8 satellites as the Zgemma H.2S Tuner Configuration only shows an option for A/B/C/D.

Currently in London I have a 1.1m Dish with 4 LNBs receiving 13E 19E 23.5E & 28.2E via a Multi-switch to a Zgemma H.2S box. However it looks like the H.2S box cannot receive more than 4 Satellites configured A,B,C,D. If I increase the number of LNBs from 4 to 8 what Receiver(s) can be configured for 8 Satellites from a fixed dish?
Hi, just wondering what 4 satellites are you looking to get, you already have 4 of the main cardsharing sats on one dish, the only others worth getting are 39e, 1w, & 30w, & you would need a separate dish for 1w or 30w.

Hi, just wondering what 4 satellites are you looking to get, you already have 4 of the main cardsharing sats on one dish, the only others worth getting are 39e, 1w, & 30w, & you would need a separate dish for 1w or 30w.
I am currently researching all available satellites, and would be interested to know what satelites (other than 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E & 28.2E) are received by fixed dish users in the London area.

With a 1m motorized dish you could get all the KU band sats from about 53e to 53w, a fixed dish with a multi lnb setup is limited to what span it can cover on the sat arc, I think you already have a good multi lnb setup & probably don't need to add to it, & as I said the only other CS sats worth getting are 39e, 1w, & 30w - 1w has a lot of watchable channels with a Eurosub but you would need a separate 1m dish.
There are plenty of FTA channels on other sats but most are Foreign, (google "FlySat Sat List" for the latest channels on each sat).

This is a pic of the sat arc as seen from the UK. (it's not up to date as some sats are missing, ie: 1.9e & 3w)

geostationary-arc-from-uk.jpg

Back