Best Sly TV full Channel Guide App for Android TV ?

pisshead

Hi, I have an Android TV.
I heard it's worthwhile to install a half decent free Sly TV channel guide app so that if & when my IPTV EPG ever goes off for a while (which can/does happen sometimes) then all I would have to do is jump onto the Sly TV guide app to see what's on now and next etc on all the channels.

I really only need it to use as a stand alone great TV guide, that's all, I don't need anything too fancy or difficult to navigate around etc, just something straight forward that works and basically works 99.9% of the time correctly.
Does anyone know of a really good FREE one to install :emoji_question: If you do then could you tell me the exact name of it and so on please ?

Thanks guys :)

I don't think their is any such thing. Ad most of the time the EPG is in with which ever app you use for your service legitimate or otherwise

Can you not just open the sky guide in a browser on your android device?

I could do that I guess (maybe, maybe not), the built in Sony web browser is total sh*t man, so I haven't tried that yet, knowing that web browser it wont allow me to open a page like that probably, lol (I would rather have a stand alone app though to be honest)

I think I can sideload any android app that can go on a phone, I can sideload those same apps onto the android tv too, I have done it with other apps that Sony doesn't allow, so if I could just find or be told the best Sly TV guide app what it is ? then I could install it onto the android tv even if it means sideloading it.

Anyone know which is the best one to use ? (and Free too)

I just want a full sly tv guide app, I don't need it to connect to my iptv or anything like that, it's just for the odd times that the iptv EPG does go off which can and does happen once in a while with iptv as most of us will have experienced, just a good app that does what it says, gives a full constantly updated now and next tv guide, a bit like buying a tv guide magazine except that we wont be buying any magazine if you see what I mean now ? lol, suppose that's another way of putting it, lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Not an Android man myself so all I can suggest is getting a guide on your phone using an app called “tv guide “

It’s on the Apple store , not sure about android

Not an Android man myself so all I can suggest is getting a guide on your phone using an app called “tv guide “

It’s on the Apple store , not sure about android

I don't have a mobile phone believe it or not but true 100%, never ever felt any need for one when I have a landline and a computer, I have to say though, this is my first Android tv, it's a top flight premium model, it is a brilliant tv, but it's sony that are just azzoles when it comes to allowing certain android apps to install on it, I can still sideload them onto it though and they just work exactly the same as installing the standard app on any android device.

Fair enough

Can you not just use an e2 box and install the sky skin on it ?

yes, could do but I get my iptv through apps on my tv, so would seem a bit much having to switch a box on to just look at a tv guide if I can have an app installed on the tv (the tv saves me having to use another box as I was trying not to).

like this but unsure if they would even do what I want and show me a tv guide without either being a sly subscriber or buying the app >> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cisana.guidatv.uk&hl=en

Anyone ever tried that one or is there any that look a bit more "Sly" looking ?

Last edited:
yes, could do but I get my iptv through apps on my tv, so would seem a bit much having to switch a box on to just look at a tv guide if I can have an app installed on the tv.

I seen things like this but unsure if they would even do what I want and show me a tv guide without either being a sly subscriber or buying the app >> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cisana.guidatv.uk&hl=en

Anyone ever tried that one or is there any that look a bit more "Sly" looking ?
Just buy a sky TV mag tight sod lol only £1

joking aside, lol lol lol, is there a good one (app) that will do the job I'm after that anyone may have tried, remember if it works on a phone then chances are I will be able to sideload it onto the tv too, surely some people must use these guides on their phones or something if their EPG isn't working properly ? Just trying to find out which one is the best Free one to use.

Back