Best TV for IPTV

Churada

I'm looking to replace my old 42" Panasonic with something bigger and better. Preferably it would have Android TV built in so I can load on Tivimate , NordVPN, Kodi and Youtube but I suppose that's not totally necessary as I have all that on my Shield.
It would be nice to have it all built in so to speak in case the Shield dies and its one less thing to add to the spagetti of wires, Sound quality is important as I like it loud when herself isnt in moaning to turn it down.

I've two contenders so far, but would appreciate any suggestions:
1) Samsung 55 Inch QN90C - seems to get great reviews but comes with Tinzen OS so no Tivimate
or
2) TCL 65" 4K Ultra HD HDR QLED Smart TV | 65C745K - bigger size for around the same price, comes with Android TV so can do Tivimate, sound not as good as the Samsung according to reviews.

I have decent soundbar but this is going to be mounted to a tv arm as the shelf i have the current one on isnt big enough for the larger size TV so ideally the sound should be decent, though i appreciate sound on modern tvs is usually crap.

I have to be honest and give you my opinion, i can get iptv working on my samsung tv, but i can't see why you would bother when you can get a firestick for fifty quid, i tend to buy samsungs because you get a lot of telly for not a lot of cash, they tend to be reliable and come with long guarantees but the remotes really are crap, can't comment on other makes because my last three have been samsungs

I've an old 2015 Sony Bravia TV with Android TV on it. It's slow at doing most things, but Tivimate runs smoother than any other app on there. I've ran Kodi, Nord etc too, but its frustrating to use so I've always used a Firestick (now a Shield). I imagine 8 years on they are much better, but not too sure how they would compare to the Shield still.

Agree with ferret you want to look at Sony for an android TV they can be expensive but worth it.
Just see if you can uninstall or disable any apps you won't want/use to free up space

I have TCL 65" Android TV 4k TV, It works but can get sluggish at times

I don't know if it gets sluggish because it's android or just the hardware TCL have used.

Picture is great, it has a built in sound bar and audio isn't bad but I am no connoisseur

Would I buy another? I'm not sure I would.
One thing to remember, not all Android apps are available officially, ie if you want to make use of the built in camera and do video calls, the only app available on mine via playstore is Duo, apps like whatsapp and messenger are not available.

One thing to remember, not all Android apps are available officially, ie if you want to make use of the built in camera and do video calls, the only app available on mine via playstore is Duo, apps like whatsapp and messenger are not available.
You can sideload apps with apps like Sideload Launcher – Android TV

Back