Better box than F5S

Hotpl4te

My F5S is bricked and I suspect I won't be able to recover it. Therefore I will need a new box and I don't really want another F5S box.
Which box is a better more reliable product without going silly on price? This unit will only be used in the bedroom, but it will be my only C Line box.

Something more reliable but not £200.

Cheers

Thanks for your reply, but that was not my question. I am seeking opinion on other products instead. I have read the forums and my pc and laptop do not have RS232 ports. My F5S is genuine and only 5 months old so its going back.
I do not want another one as the forums are littered with people with the same issue. The failure rate of the product is too high for me. Would prefer to spend a bit more for a reliable product. Dont want to spend more than £100 though.

As tich says, you should be able to recover your box, but if you still want to upgrade your box, the why not look at the Octagon SF8 or something similar, cost is £129 ish , and is the higher quality enigma 2 boxes.

The issue with bricked boxes has been going on for a long time. A lot of clone boxes are sold as official and after say 20 power on's the software renders the box useless as it realises it is not an official receiver but instead a clone box. You don't need to have an rs232 port to recover a receiver there are plenty of adapters that work via usb and for the sake of a few quid and a bit of reading you can easily get your box working again. If you want to spend around £100-120 though I would recommend a vu+ solo box but again you wont unlock its full potential like 7 day epg / streaming to tablets phones etc unless you are prepared to read up on it which is why the forum exists.

Thanks for your reply, but that was not my question. I am seeking opinion on other products instead. I have read the forums and my pc and laptop do not have RS232 ports. My F5S is genuine and only 5 months old so its going back.
I do not want another one as the forums are littered with people with the same issue. The failure rate of the product is too high for me. Would prefer to spend a bit more for a reliable product. Dont want to spend more than £100 though.

SatBilly - I thank you for your reply, though I do feel as though you are slapping my hands a bit.
My box is genuine. I have read a fair bit on this and it does say many times that there is no guarantee of success with a USB to RS232 cable, some people have achieved this, some not.
My OS on my PC is 8.1 to find a cable that states it will work with Win 8 is £15. All the £1.45 cables do not work with Win 8, most not Win 7 X64.
So the amount of money required to try and possibly fix something that is only a few months old is a bit daft in my opinion. I can send it back for less than £5.

The issue with bricked boxes has been going on for a long time. A lot of clone boxes are sold as official and after say 20 power on's the software renders the box useless as it realises it is not an official receiver but instead a clone box. You don't need to have an rs232 port to recover a receiver there are plenty of adapters that work via usb and for the sake of a few quid and a bit of reading you can easily get your box working again. If you want to spend around £100-120 Octagon SF8 though I would recommend a vu+ solo box but again you wont unlock its full potential like 7 day epg / streaming to tablets phones etc unless you are prepared to read up on it which is why the forum exists.

Where can you buy a vu+solo for £100-£120? Thanks.

Back